Raindrop Connection No Longer Working

Describe the issue/error/question

I really enjoy using n8n with Raindrop. I previously was having issues where my integrations would stop working every so often. Turns out, there was an issue with the refresh token and how it was handled.

I’m once again experiencing issues where my flows are not working.

All flows that use Raindrop are broken. The flows are all similar – just deal with different Raindrop Collections. I’m not including all examples in this post.

I’ve tried to re-authenticate, but even that process seemed a bit suspect so I am hesitant to try again.

What is the error message (if any)?

error

context:[empty object]

name:NodeApiError

timestamp:1667248292844

node

parameters

resource:bookmark

operation:getAll

collectionId:27152399

returnAll:false

limit:10

name:Raindrop Get Bookmarks

type:n8n-nodes-base.raindrop

typeVersion:1

position

0:460

1:500

id:25d103e2-cc1b-4eaa-8cfe-2930ab1d8a48

credentials

raindropOAuth2Api

id:1

name:Raindrop account

httpCode:[null]

description:Body is destroyed

message:UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information

stack:NodeApiError: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information\n at Object.raindropApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Raindrop/GenericFunctions.js:30:15)\n at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)\n at async Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Raindrop/Raindrop.node.js:125:40)\n at async Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/src/Workflow.js:658:28)\n at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:562:53

lastNodeExecuted:Raindrop Get Bookmarks

mode:trigger

Please share the workflow

(Select the nodes and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow respectively)

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: Version 0.200.1
  • Database you’re using: default for Docker container
  • Running n8n with the execution process: Running via Docker
  • Running n8n: via Docker

<Repasting from another thread, following a request from @Jon>

I am once again having trouble with my flows that use Raindrop.

I had been having errors here and there, but wasn’t concerned. Starting 10/27, it’s been failure after failure after failure on multiple flows that use Raindrop.

I’ve tried re-authenticating with Raindrop.

Error: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information
last node that was executed was Raindrop Get Bookmarks.

NodeApiError: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information
    at Object.raindropApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Raindrop/GenericFunctions.js:30:15)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at async Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Raindrop/Raindrop.node.js:125:40)
    at async Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/src/Workflow.js:658:28)
    at async /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/src/WorkflowExecute.js:562:53

My version of n8n has been upgraded.
n8n Version 0.200.1

</end repaste>

Hey @colleen,

Thanks for opening the new thread, you mentioned that you tried to re-authenticate but that seemed a bit suspect… What do you mean by that? Did re-authenticating help, In theory if it is the same issue as last time it would get you back up and running. Have you also tried going back to an older version to see if the issue is still there?

@Jon - Re-authenticating results in this error:

{“code”:0,“message”:“Body is destroyed”,“hint”:“”}

This problem started happening when I was on an older version, so I upgraded to see if it would solve the issue.

Same problem here. First failure on 29/10/2022, randomly and not after a n8n update.

Re-connecting returns HTTP status 500 with the following body:

{"code":0,"message":"Body is destroyed","hint":""}

(url: https://n8n_domain_here/rest/oauth2-credential/callback?code=<UUID here>&state=<URL encoded base64 here>)

No useful information in logs:

2022-11-04T10:56:22.290Z | verbose  | Credential updated "{ credentialId: '11', file: 'credentials.controller.js' }"
2022-11-04T10:56:22.399Z | verbose  | OAuth2 authentication successful for new credential "{\n  userId: '<userID here>',\n  credentialId: '11',\n  file: 'oauth2Credential.api.js'\n}"

The log lines above appear before clicking on “Agree” in the Raindrop’s auth prompt.

• n8n version: 0.201.0 (latest)
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): PostgreSQL
  • Running n8n via: Docker, n8nio/n8n

I face the same issue with an older version. Maybe this issue exists since this change in 0.193.4?

• Raindrop Node: Fix issue refreshing OAuth2 credentials (3163742)

• n8n version: 0.195.5
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): PostgreSQL
  • Running n8n via: docker and heroku - sarveshpro/n8n-heroku

Hey @m91michel,

Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

From what I can see that step was added because it fixed a different issue with the Raindrop node. I have made a note to take a proper look at this as it looks like it is a problem for a lot of people. If it is stopping without any upgrades it could be that Raindrop have changed something.

I will have more info soon.

Afternoon,

I have given it a quick test and have managed to reproduce the issue, I have created an internal ticket which we will be tracking as N8N-5406. As soon as it is fixed I will let you all know.

2 Likes

Thank you @Jon.

Got fixed. I will explain the cause tomorrow, as it’s pretty late.

3 Likes

Got released with [email protected]

Thank you for fixing and the update.

My flows are working again.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.