Reading CSV file using n8n cloud

Describe the problem/error/question

I dont know how to locate the file in a path where its readable by n8n cloud node
I saw MutedJam suggesting google drive. Is there away that it can read it from my PC rather google drive? thanks a lot

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share your workflow

{
“meta”: {
“instanceId”: “e87260d8a4a86a414616ced0e5930e90b0212550b8a2f0eee9421391cfc1f5f8”
},
“nodes”: ,
“connections”: {},
“pinData”: {}
}

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

I dont have any output yet

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: [BETA] n8n
  • Database (default: SQLite): N/A
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Cloud
  • **Operating system:**window 11

@Nadia_Yousif , you can try to use proxy service such as ngrok. Here’s the video explaining how that could be achieved. It’s an old video but it explains it well and in much details. Hopefully you can adopt it to the newer version (literally of everything), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWDy_GphMZ4.

To summarize, you would

1. Have a dedicated folder with your file(s) that you want to access via the internet
  2. Run local Python server in that folder
  3. Run ngrok to activate HTTP access to your file in that folder

You will get a dedicated unique URL (access to your local folder) that could be used in n8n.

2 Likes

This is cool approach. Thanks a lot
Whats the best app or node for plotting data in overlayed graph? or Shall I raise this in a separate query?

@Nadia_Yousif , so, you are planning to build graph from the data in CSV file? Yes, it is a different topic and best to create a new thread.

As for this topic, here’s an example how to get your CSV and transform it to JSON format for further processing (including plotting). Surely, the URL would have to be changed to the one you will get from running ngrok.

4 Likes

Fantastic! sounds great. I will give this a try to plot something before I raise a separate query on plotting.
Thanks so much

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.