Recovering n8n Automations

Hey y’all. I was running n8n on Docker through a digital ocean droplet. The droplet was unfortunately part of a DDOS attack last night and, as a result, has been permanently disconnected from Digital Ocean. I had a lot of automations in my n8n though and they are now inaccessible. I’ve already made a new digital ocean droplet and n8n but is there any way to access and transfer my previous automations to the new n8n I have set up? To be clear, the previous droplet is not deleted, it’s just inactive. Does n8n have a cloud that I can access that would have them stored? Should I go through the process of recovering data off the droplet itself?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

The data will be stored on the image in the docker in that local environment you had.

You best (and really only chance) to get your data back is to access that deactivated account to get the volume.

I dont have experience with digital ocean, but sometimes services have backup services. Always worth the cost, reach out to digital ocean support and see if they can help you

3 Likes