Request for Integration of Authentication Method and Refresh Token Management: Get Access & Refresh Tokens

Hello everyone,

I would like to integrate an authentication method into my application using the Ermeo API. To accomplish this, I need to obtain access and refresh tokens by making a POST request to the following URL:

bashCopy code

POST [API_URL]/oauth/v2/token

Request

The request body should be in application/json format and include the necessary credentials to retrieve the access token from a username and password, along with the refresh token for future management.

jsonCopy code

{
  "grant_type": "password",
  "client_id": "[YOUR_CLIENT_ID]",
  "client_secret": "[YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET]",
  "username": "[YOUR_USERNAME]",
  "password": "[YOUR_PASSWORD]",
  "refresh_token": "[YOUR_REFRESH_TOKEN]"
}
  • grant_type (string): The type of credentials to be provided in the request body to retrieve the tokens.
    • Allowed values: password, refresh_token
  • client_id (string): The client ID provided to you.
  • client_secret (string): The client secret provided to you.
  • username (string): Your username.
  • password (string): Your password.
  • refresh_token (string): The refresh token from your previous authentication.

Responses

If the request is successful, the response will be returned with an HTTP 200 status code and a body in application/json format containing all the information required to execute subsequent requests.

jsonCopy code

{
  "access_token": "[YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN]",
  "expires_in": "[TOKEN_EXPIRATION_TIME]",
  "token_type": "bearer",
  "refresh_token": "[YOUR_REFRESH_TOKEN]",
  "scope": "[SCOPE_VALUE]"
}
  • access_token (string): The token that needs to be passed in the headers of all other requests.
  • expires_in (string): The number of seconds the access token is valid for.
  • token_type (string): The type of token, which will always be “bearer” in every case.
  • refresh_token (string): The refresh token needed when the access token has expired.
  • scope (string): Deprecated field.

Feel free to reach out if you need any further information or clarification.

Thank you.

Hi @Daradaal, are you running into any problem when making these requests with the HTTP Request node? If so, which errors exactly are you seeing?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.