Request to reinstate Raw parameters options in the new HTTP node

In the v3 of the HTTP node, surprisingly, the RAW parameters option seems to have been dropped.

As dynamic data setting is a core tenet of most of the nodes, it’s pretty crucial for the HTTP node to also maintain it. Without the RAW option, it is currently, impossible to set Query/Headers dynamically, especially, when there a varying number of parameters to be passed for different iterations. This is a very popular use-case, at least for users like me.

Would like to request to reinstate that option in the HTTP node, else, would need to perpetually use the v2 node, which doesn’t seem like a very sustainable approach.

Thanks.

Hey @shrey-42,
I changed your post to a feature request. Make sure to upvote it yourself. Maybe @RicardoE105 has some more insight about this.

You got my vote. I like the new HTTP node, but it does make things a bit difficult sometimes.

n the v3 of the HTTP node, surprisingly, the RAW parameters option seems to have been dropped.

You can still do the raw option in the new HTTP request node. See the image below.

As dynamic data setting is a core tenet of most of the nodes, it’s pretty crucial for the HTTP node to also maintain it. Without the RAW option, it is currently, impossible to set Query/Headers dynamically, especially, when there a varying number of parameters to be passed for different iterations. This is a very popular use-case, at least for users like me.

If I’m not mistaken, you want to set JSON data in the query and header parameter. If that is the case, you want the JSON toggle from the old HTTP request node.

Would like to request to reinstate that option in the HTTP node, else, would need to perpetually use the v2 node, which doesn’t seem like a very sustainable approach.

This should not be an issue to add. I would have to add a “specify using” parameter, which has two options key-value pairs and JSON for the query and the header parameters. Just created an internal ticket.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate a bit more? Aside from this, what are the things the node is making more difficult to do. I want to address them, because the whole point with the node was to make it better than the older one.

Hi @RicardoE105

The fact that we now do not have to have raw parameters for everything or none is awesome.
But now the RAW option is only available for the body and not for headers or query parameters.
So adding the same option to specify the fields or using JSON, for query and header would be nice.

I see you already said it is added as an internal ticket. So it is covered. :slight_smile:

@RicardoE105 Created a PR to lighten your guys load. and possibly add this feature faster. :slight_smile: Http json header & query by bramkn · Pull Request #4408 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub

@shrey-42 fyi

2 Likes

Thanks very much for your contribution. I tested it, and it works fine. I just added the default values to “key-value” so it does not break existing workflows.

1 Like

Got merged.

4 Likes

Got released with [email protected]

2 Likes

This one isn’t set to completed? Had to steal my vote back. :slight_smile: