RSS Trigger [GOT CREATED]

We need an RSS Trigger, e.g. for Crunchyroll news and so on

Oh didn’t saw that I could use a rss reader … But anyway I think it would be better if it would be a trigger because then new users wouldn’t have any difficulties and can just use it simpler

2 Likes

Agreed Zapier has an RSS trigger that executes whenever news comes in - this is much nicer than running on a cron schedule

EDIT: Looks like @Jon created a community node - awesome! I’m happy to be a guinea pig on this one.

Links:

1 Like

I did indeed make one, I have been using it to keep an eye on some software update feeds and the wtf1.com news feed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Jon ,

I am using the n8n-nodes-rss-feed-trigger, everything works fine, but when I go to activate the workflow, I get the following error:

I am forgetting something?

Thanks in advance

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.214.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: own
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker

Hey @martinhache,

Can you try restarting your container and seeing if that helps?

2 Likes

Thank you @Jon

Solved. That was it.

:wink:

1 Like

Hey @jon, what do you mean by “restarting your container” ? I get the exact same error of @martinhache

Hey @comedepreville,

Welcome to the community :wave:t2:

Pretty much what it says, restart the container. This is assuming you are running in docker if you are using npm it would just be a case of restarting n8n.

Loud and clear. Thanks @Jon !

1 Like

Hi @Jon,

Could it be that with the last update to 0.221.2 the n8n-nodes-rss-feed-trigger does not work correctly?

I have restarted the container and the parameter “pollTimes” does not appear in the node.

Thanks in advance

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.221.2
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: own
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker

Hey @martinhache,

There was a change in 221.0 that stopped the poll times from being displayed, This should be resolved in the next release.

1 Like

Perfect!

Thank you @Jon

like @Jon said, I restarted my container, after the installation of the plugin, and after the creation of the node but still have a problem when I try to activate the workflow

My setup is

• n8n Version 0.221.2
  • RSS Feed Trigger v0.1.3

Workflow could not be activated:

• There was a problem activating the workflow: “Could not get parameter “pollTimes”!”

it that package still maintained?

Hey @JOduMonT,

The fix is in 0.222.0 of n8n so you would need to do an update. As far as I know the package is still maintained, I have not made any updates for a while to is as it doesn’t need any. It looks like the message in your screenshot is an npm error and not related to the package.

1 Like

Sorry I mixed up version semantic for once.

1 Like

Thank you @Jon. This is awesome! Self hosting and using your rss trigger has saved me $$$.

1 Like

That is always good to hear and welcome to the community :raised_hands:

Hi there, I am using the self-hosted version n8n 1.0.5 and the same issue happens again

Workflow could not be activated: There was a problem activating the workflow: “Could not get parameter “pollTimes”!”

What should i do?

here is the code i copied from n8n;

{
“meta”: {
“instanceId”: “MASKED ID”
},
“nodes”: [
{
“parameters”: {
“feedUrl”: “Torrent Invites - #1 To Buy, Trade, Sell Or Find Free Tracker Invites!
},
“id”: “MASKED ID”,
“name”: “RSS Feed Trigger”,
“type”: “n8n-nodes-rss-feed-trigger.rssFeedTrigger”,
“typeVersion”: 1,
“position”: [
]
},
{
“parameters”: {
“chatId”: “@MASKED ID”,
“text”: “={{ $json.pubDate }}\n{{ $json[‘content:encodedSnippet’] }}”,
“additionalFields”: {}
},
“name”: “Telegram”,
“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.telegram”,
“typeVersion”: 1,
“position”: [
],
“credentials”: {
“telegramApi”: {
“name”: “Telegram account”
}
}
}
],
“connections”: {
“RSS Feed Trigger”: {
“main”: [
[
{
“node”: “Telegram”,
“type”: “main”,
“index”: 0
}
]
]
}
}
}

Hey @tobywong080,

Try restarting your n8n instance again, I had to do it with my instance before it appeared again.

2 Likes