Running multiple flows from one webhook or schedule

I am looking into moving from self-hosted to cloud and I am trying to work out what level I will need. I am hoping someone can clarify how the count of active flows works so I can work out how many I will actually require.

From what I can tell, it should be possible to, for example, combine all of my scheduled flows into a single active flow that runs quite frequently, then use if statements based on the time to run different flows depending on the trigger time. The child flows do not appear to have to be active to be triggered by the master (at least in the selfhosted version), so in theory I should be able to run as many scheduled flows as I want with only one active flow. Similarly for webhooks, could I theoretically have one active webhook listener that calls other flows depending on the content?

I am not trying to work around built in limits, just want to understand how I will translate my 20-odd current active flows into something more manageable for the cloud version.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @Jeff_Standen, this will work as described. In a setup with one main workflow including one trigger, then using a Switch node (or multiple Filter or If nodes) to finally call a sub-workflow through the Execute Workflow node only the main workflow would need to be active, not the sub-workflows.

Debugging might be a little more painful though, as it means you will have a lot of executions for your main workflow. So ultimately it’ll be about finding the right balance between cost-effectiveness and convenience. It might be worth experimenting a bit for this.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.