Salesforce Live Synchronization with n8n

Hello,

I am wondering if n8n is reliable enough to use it as a ‘live synchronization’ tool between SF and my own DB.

I was thinking about:

• Creating a SF call to a n8n webhook
  • Handle a few modification inside n8n
  • Send it to my db

Therefore, I had a few questions about n8n:

• Anyone info about such a workflow?
  • Is there any risk of latency or problem during the live synchronization if too many events are triggered at the same time?

Thank you!

Hey @tchizi,

Welcome to the community :sparkling_heart:

Below are the answers to your questions:

Anyone info about such a workflow?

I skimmed through the workflows on the workflows page but couldn’t find any existing workflow. However, you can use the Webhook node and configure it in your Salesforce account to trigger the workflow when an event happens in Salesforce.

Is there any risk of latency or problem during the live synchronization if too many events are triggered at the same time?

I’ve not come across any issues with too many events. There are a couple of ways you can handle it if you’re expecting too many requests to make it fail-proof. If you’re self-hosting n8n, I suggest you take a look at our Scaling docs.

Thank you for the information Harshil.

About the scaling issue, you mention “If you’re self-hosting n8n”, any other information if I use n8n cloud?

Thank you for the info!

Hi @tchizi when asking about scaling (on cloud or self-hosted), it does help to get a bit of context. Could you give me an idea of how many concurrent events you’re looking to handle? There is a big different between “20 per min”, “5 per sec”, “1000 per sec” etc.

As for n8n.cloud, it’s a single tenancy setup - so each instance has it’s own ram/ storage etc. So if you’re doing any stress tests on n8n.cloud, keep in mind that testing on a Start won’t give you an accurate idea of how a “Pro” or “Power” instance would handle a stress test.

Generally speaking, the WFs you’re mentioning seem rather light weight so I’m confident n8n could handle those without breaking a sweat (unless you’re talking about high concurrency of events sustained for a long period of time).