Scheduled workflow runs twice when enabled, once when disabled

Describe the problem/error/question

When running N8N in queued mode with 2 workers a scheduled workflow is executed twice at scheduled time. If the workflow is deactivated it still runs once at scheduled time.

What is the error message (if any)?

There’s no errors nothing

Please share your workflow

Not related to a particular workflow, all scheduled workflows exhibit this issue

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.25.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): PostGres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): main
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system:

Same for me I don’t have disabled scheduled workflow but my scheduled workflow are executed twice (and I have 10 workers).

I’m in version 1.27.1.

Is it a bug ?

Hey @Florian.O,

My initial thought is you have 2 main instances of n8n running, Can you double check that you only have the one main instance running and that both of your workers are running in queue mode correctly.

@Kent1 Can you check the same thing? This is not something I am seeing on our internal queue mode deployment at the moment or on my own so it sounds like it could be a configuration thing.

Hi @Jon

Thank you for your help.

I can confirme I have only one main instance and my workers work correctly as queue mode as they execute all the workflow but when they execute scheduled WF, they are executed twice.

Hey @Kent1,

How did you check? I need to ask as you can have a worker not running as a worker and running as a main instance and everything would look fine apart from duplicate scheduled workflows.

It could be worth stopping all of your instances then starting the main instance and the workers (rather than a restart) to see if it changes anything.

If you do continue to see the double runs we would need the logs from all of your instances and an idea of how you have n8n configured.

Hum… sorry the issue was true yesterday but today it doesn’t append anymore. Will come back to you if it’s append again. Strange :slight_smile:

1 Like