Scheduler run exactly at specific second, minute and hour

Sorry if this is duplicate question

Describe the problem/error/question

Hello, guys, because of my specific task. I need my scheduler run at exactly second, minute and hour but I see that cron only support minute.

Is there any chance for work around? Or did I missing some knowledge about crontab?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

n8n version: 0.217.1
Database: postgres
n8n executions_process seting: scheduler
about other things, sorry I don’t know much

Hi @MicaeNguyen

Welcome to the community!

Not sure if this is possible, also you cannot count on it to be precise to the second as the server can have a small hickup and then it isn’t correct anymore.
Could you tell us a bit more on the requirements maybe we have another solution for you.

Hi @BramKn

Thank you for reply.

Yep I know that scheduler is precise. But I need it trigger the scheduler in 50 second (maybe accept the result at 54 or 58). Not at the begining of minute.

About the requirement: my report need to update by the end of every hour which mean 59 is not correct at all (still have 60s for another record to be insert into table which mean I can lost that record)

1 Like

Probably better to go a bit over the minute and then just filter the records correctly to what you need.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.