[Self Hosted] Actions are lazy and not in order

This is a general question, seeking comparison between self-hosted and the managed solution.

I have a self hosted n8n instance on the entry level Digital Ocean Droplet. The actions are lazy i.e. they take time to trigger the workflow, and process the action. Like some times there are ~40 min delay between the trigger happening on the source app and the action getting executed on the target app.

Additionally, the triggers are not processed in sequence, i.e. we are syncing comments from ClickUp, the first comment made it to Slack after the second comment.

My question is, what might be causing this? The nature of the apps I have connected? The server being slow?

If I move to the managed n8n solution, will I still see such problem?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Junaid,

Some of this could be down to the application sending the events being slow or the server maybe not having enough power to handle them if there are a lot. Typically the triggers and webhooks will handle events in the order we get them so it all depends on what reaches us first.

It could be worth trying the next droplet up to see if that makes any difference with the extra memory.