Send mail node gets error messge from ms exchange server

Hello
In my workflow i’m using send mail node which is using the MS Exchange mail server.
Send mail node gets following errr message:
Error: Mail command failed: 421 4.4.2 Message submission rate for this client has exceeded the configured limit
at SMTPConnection._formatError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:787:19)
at SMTPConnection._actionMAIL (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:1569:34)
at SMTPConnection. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:1044:18)
at SMTPConnection._processResponse (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:950:20)
at SMTPConnection._onData (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:752:14)
at TLSSocket.SMTPConnection._onSocketData (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/nodemailer/lib/smtp-connection/index.js:191:44)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:376:20)
at addChunk (internal/streams/readable.js:309:12)
at readableAddChunk (internal/streams/readable.js:284:9)
at TLSSocket.Readable.push (internal/streams/readable.js:223:10)

This error message indicates that the MessageRateLimit parameter in your Exchange receive connector is set to a very low limit.

Is it possible some how slow down the send mail message rate in the n8n workflow or inside the n8n send mail node

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version: 0,193.5
  • Running n8n via npm, :

Hey @alolauri,

As you have noticed exchange is saying you are sending too many messages, We don’t have an option on the node or in n8n to work around this but you could do it in your workflow by using the split in batches node to break your items down into chunks and send them in batches that way with a pause after so it can wait for whatever value your mail server is configured for.

Thanks for answer , i will experiment with my work flow using split in batches node and wait node.

1 Like