SendGrid node missing

Hi there,

I am a new user of n8n and i want to create a workflow to send a mail with SendGrid. The problem is I don’t’ have the node in n8n and I don’t know why. I try to use a HTTP request node as an alternative, but I have some difficulties to configurate it :sweat_smile:

Sorry, I am a beginner but I would really appreciate your help !

Hey Luza,

Welcome to the community :tada:

Did you search for the node in the Nodes panel?

Yes but here the result :

Are you using the latest n8n version? The SendGrid node was added in v0.103.0. So any version after that will show you the SendGrid node.

I don’t think so … How can i update it ? :sweat_smile:

Then, is it not possible to use a HTTP request node ?

How are you running n8n? Are you using n8n.cloud, or self-hosting it? If you’re self hosting it, are you using Docker or npm?

Yes, it is possible to use the HTTP Request node to send emails via SendGrid.

This is why I am looking for an alternative :sweat_smile:

Hey @Luza,

No worries. Let me know if you need any help :slight_smile:

If you’re familiar with REST APIs then going though SendGrid’s API documentation and implementing a functionality via the HTTP Request node wouldn’t be an issue. But in any case, feel free to let us know if you need more help.

How can i create the credentials for SendGrid in my case ?

I got this message :

ERROR: StatusCodeError: 400 - {“errors”:[“Permission denied, wrong credentials”],“message”:“error”}

You can find the documentation here: SendGrid | Docs. Follow the steps mentioned in the documentation to get your API Key.

Once you have your API Key, you need to pass it as a Header parameter. Check the SendGrid docs to learn more: API Docs

Yeah it works ! Thanks for your patience :blush:

1 Like

Awesome! Have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like