SSL / TLS + EC2 + Cloudflare

I try to search something about these kind of bug, I find some info about the certs in forum but i’m confused, when I try to make a http request testing in local enviroment it works but when im using the docker-compose give me these error at log.

EPROTO 139875354049864:error:1425F102:SSL routines:ssl_choose_client_version:unsupported protocol:…/deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/statem/statem_lib.c:1929:

So I nead to create cert if Im using cloudflare (copy paste the cert) to the instance?

Sorry, but to be able to help you I really need some context. Can you please explain. Like when does that happen? Just opening the Editor-UI? In a workflow? If in a workflow, what node are you using and what URL does it call? Can you post a simple example here to be able to reproduce it?

1 Like

Thanks @jan, is a node of XML in POST method to a web service, the same node if I send from my local environment it works and I get the data but if I made in an instance it doesn’t work give me the open ssl error.

These is a local Environment:

On EC2 with cloudflare

Thanks. That is very helpful.

Did you try to activate the option “Ignore SSL Issues” on the node?

Are you running it on EC2 within Docker? If so did you try the ubuntu version of it?

Yes my EC2 is in ubuntu, I activate the Ignore SSL but the same error, I will continue finding the way to make it work correctly.

So you installed n8n directly on your machine or are you running it within docker?

Yes my ec2 have docker, I created with docker-compose

Ah, in that case, it does not really matter which OS your EC2 instance uses. The important thing is then the docker-image you are using.

Try to use n8nio/[email protected] and see if it works with that one.

1 Like

Thanks :raised_hands:, n8nio/n8n:0.45.0-ubuntu :rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::man_technologist:

Great that it worked.

Just FYI: There seems to be some issues with Alpine-Linux and SSL that is why the ubuntu based image works.

1 Like