Strange workflow error: only "Cron" is executed

Hello community,

from time to time, I receive a notification error for one of my workflow. So I want to check what’s going on with it, and when exploring the past execution, only the Cron node seems to be executed:

If I check the next node (which is CoinGecko node), there is no return (data or error).
Every time I have an execution error on this workflow, it’s the same scenario.

Does someone have an idea?

Yes, that is strange.
What is the exact error you receive? What n8n version do you run? What mode (own/main/queue)? What are the global and workflow settings?

Hello @jan, I don’t get a specific error message. It’s just my error workflow which is triggered and send me a notification through Telegram.
I use the latest version of n8n (0.125.0). For the mode, I haven’t configured anything so it’s default.
This is the workflow settings:

I can try to increase the timeout after setting, but the workflow takes usually between 1 and 2 secondes to be executed.
The Cron node is configured to “every 5 minutes”.

I had also an similar error on another workflow. This the past execution:

The function node is well executed (I mean, the return of the node is what it normally does). But next nodes are not executed :confused:

But the error workflow should also receive the error. Is the error empty or do you not send it? Proably a good idea to save the Error Workflow executions that you can see the error (if there is any).

Do you mean the output of the Error Trigger node?
If it’s, this is the return of the error for the trigger after my workflow failed:

[
{
"execution": {
"id": "59984",
"url": "https://n8n.xxxxxx.xx/execution/59984",
"error": {
"name": "WorkflowOperationError",
"timestamp": 1624780308832
},
"lastNodeExecuted": "Cron",
"mode": "trigger"
},
"workflow": {
"id": "12",
"name": "Crypto Google Sheets + QuestDB"
}
}
]

Hey @Elpatii!

Can you share the workflow? I will try to replicate it and see if I can reproduce any errors. Also, does the workflow get executed successfully when running it manually? Do you have issues when you execute the workflow manually?

Hello @harshil1712!

This is the workflow:

Workflow

The workflow runs every 5 minutes and runs well, except when I have this error.
See the error history of this workflow:

When the workflow is in error, datas are of course not in the DB. On the screenshot below, you see that there is no entry for 5h20 of the 29/06/2021:

If I run the workflow manually, it works well and I can’t have the issue.
And each time I have an error, the code is: WorkflowOperationError
Do we have logs or something more detailed to debug?

Thanks for taking time regarding this :slight_smile:

Hello,

Once again, WorkflowOperationError on the same workflow this morning. Just one time.
Only Cron node is executed:

Other execution is correctly executed:

I will try to re-create the workflow manually.
For information, n8n is in version 0.127.0 in my installation.

Hey @Elpatii,

Can you share your workflow? I built a workflow using the Cron node and the CoinGecko node, and it works as expected. Have you made any changes in your workflow settings? Is this happening for all the executions or only some of them?

Hello @harshil1712,

I’ve already share the workflow in my last posts.
I don’t think the problem comes from the CoinGecko node (otherwise, I should normally see an error on this node), but from the workflow directly.
The problem occurs without reason. Last error with WorkflowOperationError for this workflow was June 29. Today, I have had this error 2 times.
Reminder : the Cron node is configured for every 5 minutes.

During the write of this post, I also receive a WorkflowOperationError for another workflow (with no CoinGecko node):

In this case, the workflow stop after the Function node. Like there was an internal error for the workflow which prevents it to continue, and so trigger the error workflow due to timeout.

Do we have logs or something more detailed to debug?