Strava trigger not working after update to 0.217.1

Describe the issue/error/question
after updating to version 217.1 my strava trigger on create stopped working.

I checked that my credentials are okay by trying Strava GET workflow which is working perfectly. So issue is limited to Strava trigger.

What is the error message?
When I try to activate workflow I just get the message below and nothing happens after that.

Bad request - please check your parameters
Show Details
Strava Trigger: Bad Request

Please share the workflow
{
“meta”: {
“instanceId”: “71a8cd7fe0d3326e571de9a9cc7d39711c85525a5429eda2dffee5e9c2e4a79e”
},
“nodes”: [],
“connections”: {}
}

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.217.1
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker

Hey @koyto,

What version of n8n was you running before the update? I have just given it a quick go here with my Strava credentials and it is working as expected.

Can you share your workflow so I can see the options you have set in the node or a screenshot of the node settings?

I think I was using version 0.209 before but not 100% positive as I just pulled latest version at the time. I also tested same workflow yesterday on my Mac desktop app (version 0.209.4) and proved that it is working perfectly fine there…

Here is how error looks like when I try to execute:

Here is how Strava trigger setup looks:

Most unusual, Those same settings look to be fine for me. I take the the credentials are connected ok and the URL for the webhook isn’t localhost.

I think I found the issue. It was on my side…

I changed my n8n endpoint to be protected by login and password in the settings of my Nginx Proxy Manager (on the screenshot below I changed it back to Publicly Accessible). Looks like when it is protected by password you can only send requests (GET strava activity works. But when you try activating strava trigger to listen for for events it fails directly. Which is strange because my Google Trigger worked fine, only strava was failing.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.