SuiteCRM Integration

A SuiteCRM Integration would be great as it is one of the best OpenSource CRM systems on the market.

@svenjanssen The newer versions of SuiteCRM uses OAuth2, which is currently not supported by n8n. I don’t know if it can be done as of right now.

2 Likes

@patrick It is now supported for beta testing:

1 Like

@svenjanssen could you explain a bit the use case you are interested in?

@svenjanssen I see, will check it out.

@svenjanssen Can’t find the DM functionality right now, please reach out to me

A CRM is the place, where I create a structure around my business relationships meaning targets, leads, contacts and companies. All of those can have addresses, but only a company will have invoices and only human type objects have call-logs.

I need to receive, create and update any type of object, most importantly customers and accounts, but soon to be followed by invoices, calls…

The usecase is that I want to log any piece of information which I get to know about the customer in the CRM and share it with my other systems (Accounting Software). For example: A new customer signs up on the website → CRM. The customer makes an order → CRM. I call him and we agree on something → CRM. He updates his banking info → CRM.

Maybe you want to look into integromat.com (they offer testaccount), they implemented the old API (V4) in a way, that the fields are being pulled dynamically by the node. I can not really tell you how it is done technically, but it is very sophisticated and easy to use (integromat is not, though… :))

Please let me know how I can further clarify the matter to you. Cheers

Understood @svenjanssen. Will check it out. Maybe I can create let’s say leads and @quansenB can add the rest?

Sure we could do that. I’m still unclear however if we could at this point pull the available operations from suite dynamically. What would be possible for pseudo dynamisation would be to just have sting fields to let the user pick the resource to operate on and a data field to put in n8n workflow expressions. what are your thoughts on that @RicardoE105

one more thing, please check out the open API / swagger docs
https://suitecrm.planta-amenita.de/Api/docs/swagger/swagger.json

1 Like

Sorry for the late response. Was a busy week.

We would have to give both options. Not technical users should be able to see all the fields available and set the ones they want and more advance users can you just send a JSON with the whole data where they can use expressions.

If that does not answer your question simple get back to me.

1 Like

Yes I agree. Having both would be great. So if I understood correctly you’d want to implement “Leads” right? So what do you think about you implementing Leads the static way and me tackling the “advanced users mode”?

@quansenB Yeah, no problem but, I’m working on other nodes right know. Will take me a little longer than usual.

Regards.

We will release soon SuiteCRM-n8n integration module.
Please stay tuned.

2 Likes

Hey guys,
sorry oc666 I did’nt know you were working on one.
We released and tested our node this month. If you are interested please check

Github:

Install it according to documentation:

I think our module is more robust and comprehensive. It’s includes automatic fetching the CRM module name and fields, as well as SuiteCRM trigger that allow the CRM to trigger events to n8n. The trigger info includes related module and the data before and after the trigger.

We are planning to publish it until this Friday.

2 Likes

We are happy to announce that the comprehensive plugin for SuiteCRM is published:

The plugin require small SuiteCRM module to be installed. After the CRM module installation everything is managed in n8n with CRM trigger & node. See README.md for more information.

Feedback is welcome.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing the integration @oc666!

But I just wanted to inform you that we currently do not check external modules for things like security or general issues, bugs, best practice, or anything else. We also do not update, extend them, create documentation, or provide support. That would have to be provided by the package-owner/creator.

Currently, it is sadly also quite complicated for people to use these integrations (esp with Docker). We have however planned to improve that in the future that installing external modules becomes much simpler and easier. Sadly do not know yet when but this situation will improve!

1 Like

@jan

Thank you for the feedback.
How can we make the module internal/core module?

Thanks

You can simply fork n8n and then add it to the nodes-base module:

and open a pull-request.

Once that is done I will check it and depending on and what issues get found I will either fix them directly myself or communicate what should be fixed. Once everything is fine, it will be merged and released with the next version.

As this module probably depends on the not yet released OAuth2 support, you would have to add it to the “oauth-support” branch.