Supabase node [GOT CREATED]

Please add awesome supabase.io

API Reference, Docs

Hey @maxbaluev, thank you for opening the feature request.

Can you please share the use case? This will help us cover the use case when we create the node.
Also, don’t forget to upvote your feature request :slight_smile:

let me add my understanding here: Supabase is a new Firebase, meaning n8n + supabase could be a new way to build back-ends: operate entries and records, store files, etc - which feels like a much better way to operate on the database, as oppose to raw PostgreSQL (no GUI) and much better way to operate as oppose to Google Sheets (because you still get full power of PostgreSQL).

As Supabase is working on self-hosted admin UI, this could make a perfect match to a self-hosted n8n.

Please, let me know if I can share anything else in this regards - I would be happy to! =)

3 Likes

@alexander-potemkin make sure you upvote the feature request.

thanks, done

Node got released with [email protected]

1 Like

@jan , thanks for such a great New Year’s gift)! The whole n8n team is the best!

I tested the new Supabase node and saw that now you can only work with rows of database tables.
Tell me, how then can you organize work with the repository? I need to transfer binaries to Supabase. Thank you in advance!

@Roket is it just storage you are after or do you require more of the features? We tend to add the features we get asked for then add to the node as more requests come in.

I need to upload and download files and also have access to the buckets lists and file lists inside the bucket.

Maybe this can be done using the http request node? Can you help me?

Hey @Roket,

I suspect it could be done with the http request node, I will check my supabase instance tomorrow to take a look.

1 Like

Hey @Roket,

The example workflow below shows how to use the HTTP Request node to do a couple of basic Storage operations like List Buckets, Create a New Bucket, List Bucket contents and upload a file to a bucket.

In the set Node set your Supabase URL and in your credentials create a header auth for the Supabase service key.

Once that is done you should be able to run the example workflow.

Example Workflow

Hopefully this helps and gives you enough of a starting point to use the Storage options in Supabase :+1:

1 Like

@jon , thanks for the help! This solution will greatly advance me in the implementation of the current task.

1 Like

Hi, consider also whitelisting supabase-js module on n8n.cloud. the goal is to use their storage and maybe functions in the near future as well.
Thanks

1 Like