Telegram bot support [GOT CREATED]

The trigger node can listen to different updates. By default it listens to all. So it will trigger already on that reply. If you want that it triggers different nodes, you can simply create create two different nodes:

• One that listens to only “message” to get triggered everytime you get a message
  • One that listens to only “callback_query” to get triggered everytime you get a callback response

Actually was a mistake that it listed by default to “all”. It should by default be empty and the user has to select what to listen to. I fixed that and released a new version.

1 Like

I will try it now.
Thanks man.

No problem. Did also work with the old version but in the new version it forces the user to decide what to listen to and that will make it clearer. Listening by default to everything could cause some issues if people leave it like that and do not think about it anymore.

1 Like

Another thing please:
When I send a message with"reply keyboard" to a user on telegram, my flow should be pause and should be waiting for user reply, but now if I use two node continually, the first message will be missed for reply.

I thing when a message have reply keyboard or inline keyboard, the flow should be pause and will be waiting for user reply, isn’t it?

I know what you mean but there is currently no way to do that. It is simply not how n8n works.

In n8n something triggers a workflow to start (with initial data) and then the nodes get executed. There is currently no way to “wait” in between for another webhook call. The only thing that can be done right now is to store the data you need later again somewhere (like Postgres) and then load it when the reply got received.

I wanted to create a simple “key → value store” node at some point which would make that quite simple.

I can’t find “Updating messages” in message method.

Updating messages

The following methods allow you to change an existing message in the message history instead of sending a new one with a result of an action. This is most useful for messages with inline keyboards using callback queries, but can also help reduce clutter in conversations with regular chat bots.

Please note, that it is currently only possible to edit messages without reply_markup or with inline keyboards.

Could you please tell me to how can I use this method please?

I guess you are talking about the “editMessageText” method?

That one did not get implemented yet so you will not be able to use it. The Telegram-API has a lot of methods and I did not implement all of them yet because else it would have taken me days. If there are however important methods you need, please simply tell me which ones and I can try to add them to the next version.

Yes, I talked about that method.
I will you could do that in next version.
Thank you

Ok did implement it.
https://github.com/n8n-io/n8n/commit/0207d436553739673e86dcdec4865143a4d5e8a1
Will be released within the next hours.

Ok new version [email protected] got released.

2 Likes

Hi dear @jan

Unfortunately in “chat” feature the “chatid” is missed. (Resource: chat)
It show below error:

ERROR: Could not get parameter “chatId”!

Could you please tell me it is my mistake or it is system issue?

Can you please post the node which displays that error-message. So that I can see the exact settings that I can reproduce it. Thanks!

Dear @jan
I’m sorry for this delay
Unfortunately we are behind on internet doors in Iran :rage:

Very sorry to hear! But glad to see that the doors are open again, at least for now.

Uh yes, is a bug and did also happen for multiple other operations. Got fixed now. Will be released with the next version:
https://github.com/n8n-io/n8n/commit/8bf90e6496ceb1d7ded04e6eed7b7f050224d479

1 Like

Hi, any plan to add support for voice and voicenote type (Telegram Bot API) in the node? Thanks for the wonderful work.

Hey @alphamodel, welcome to the community.

Will add it to my list.

1 Like

Greetings, community! Thanks for doing a great job.
It’s my first telegram bot here so I wonder is that possible to make bot listen to all messages in particular chat (being an admin of that chat). Looks like I need to set some additional parameters to telegram trigger, like chat id, but I don’t understand how. Will be very grateful for help :smiling_face:

You can get some inspiration from this:

Thanks for sharing! Is there a way to transform a workflow code to a n8n nodes?