TheHive - New CustomFields Format

Hi,

I’d like to express about an issue I recently faced. I don’t know if I’m at the right place, but the discord help forum got removed and I can’t find any bugs report here.
Please redirect me to the right area if I’m not at the good place :slight_smile:

The issue is:

TheHive made a new update : 5.2, which changed to way CustomFields were sent via the API.
It used to be something like this :

{"customFields":
    {
        "name": "<CUSTOMFIELD_NAME>",
        "string": "<CUSTOMFIELD_VALUE>"
    }
}

But now it’s like this :

{"customFields":
    {
        "_id": "<CUSTOMFIELD_ID>",
        "name": "<CUSTOMFIELD_NAME>",
        "type": "string",
        "value": "<CUSTOMFIELD_VALUE>"
    }
}

So basically, everything that was working with the old format isn’t working anymore. For example : Updating a case/alert customFields.

My use case

We need to be able to update a customField from an alert or a case with N8N.

I think it would be beneficial to add this because

CustomFields are a major feature from TheHive, and it would be awesome if N8N could work with the new format.

Are you willing to work on this?

We can, if you need anything, we’d gladly help.

Hey @Gwendal,

I have moved this from feature requests and have created NODE-1095 as our internal ticket to get this fixed in a future release.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Hello, @Gwendal , are you using The Hive or The Hive 5 node? Also, it would be great if you could add an exemplary workflow with an issue.

Hi, we’re using the TheHive5 ones.

I can’t send you a workflow example, because it’s a node that is not working properly.
Indeed, the “Update Alert” and “Update Case” operations can not be performed on CustomFields if you’re using a TheHive instance that is updated to the last few TheHive5 versions.

For example, in the following screenshot, any CustomField I try to update will not do anything. But all the other fields are working properly :

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards,