Token Problems with pasting to Facebook Page

Describe the issue/error/question

I am trying to post a photo to a Facebook page, but get an error. I gave the following permissions:
[pages_show_list, pages_read_engagement, pages_manage_posts, public_profile]
You can see in the workflow that I looked up the page token, but it still does not allow me to post.

What is the error message (if any)?

“message”:“403 - {“error”:{“message”:”(#200) Subject does not have permission to post photos on this page",“type”:“OAuthException”,“code”:200,“fbtrace_id”:“A3PPJsiiUhsJRqLgn9OVlU6”}}",

Please share the workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.199.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): Postgre
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: queue
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker

Hi @Martin_Neumann,

Facebook is saying you don’t have permission to post on the page, Do the credentials you are using have access to the page?

Yes they do. And I had it working already, but after updating the credentials I do not get it to work anymore.

Hey @Martin_Neumann,

What was the credential change? Because Facebook is returning that error we have no control over it so if the only change was with the credential I would maybe start there unless Facebook provides any extra logging under the ID it puts in the message.

Is it normal to send the access token with no field name? That looks a bit odd to me.

Oh my, I did put the field name for the access token, but it got lost somehow. Just put it back and it works now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.