Both myself and @MutedJam aren’t too sure what’s going on here by this description, as we can’t reproduce this based on what information you’ve provided. Can you let us know what service(s) you might be running n8n on? If you’re using a VPS there might be different loads on them, where one of your shared servers is a particularly busy server (and the other one isn’t).
I’ve been diagnosing this issue with n8n for the last year.
Neither of these servers is busy at all. But a few of the workflows really depend on having an instant response to a webhook (autocomplete lookups)
With the server that has instant responses, I had finally completely started from scratch and by some stroke of magic it worked. I then cloned that machine, followed all the same steps, and it didn’t work.
Somewhere something isn’t functioning correctly.
These are both on Linode 2cpu 4gb ram ubuntu 22.04 vps’s.
I’ve confirmed with multiple workflows, that are identical on both machines, that there is always a ~2sec delay on the one.
I just need to confirm that n8n is running in “main” mode. is there anyway to know that definitively?
# Folder where data should be saved
# The top level domain to serve from
# The subdomain to serve from
# DOMAIN_NAME and SUBDOMAIN combined decide where n8n will be reachable from
# above example would result in: https://n8n.example.com
# The user name to use for autentication - IMPORTANT ALWAYS CHANGE!
# The password to use for autentication - IMPORTANT ALWAYS CHANGE!
# Optional timezone to set which gets used by Cron-Node by default
# If not set New York time will be used
# The email address to use for the SSL certificate creation
# postgres info
## this param added to correct the SES errors per https://community.n8n.io/t/error-on-sending-html-email-with-amazon-ses/3773/5
## lets store the encryption key here instead:
#### disable telemetry
## other random
Hi @davidbamboo - thanks for the additional context, and for providing your configuration files.
It looks like EXECUTIONS_PROCESS isn’t specifically set. I’d suggest adding in EXECUTIONS_PROCESS=main as well to your docker compose file as a next step to troubleshoot. Just as a heads up, it looks like you have the env file set up, but your Docker compose file isn’t actually reading those variables for the executions process