UI freezing on huge amount of executions

Hey Guys,

when I’m working in the UI and editing the workflows, Chrome is getting slower and slower over time. It consumes more than one GB of my RAM and more than 50% CPU usage.

I think the reason for this is the huge amount of executions running in background on the server (> 1.000 per hour). But why is there a connection between server side execution and the UI? Is there a way to disable this?

Is it in the cloud version?

What it sends to the UI is when executions get started and when they finish. That gets done that the UI is able to display correctly currently active executions. But that should then be the same no matter if you just open the editor-UI or if it is running for a while. Have to check that out some more.

I’ve noticed the same behaviour, reloading the UI fixes it for a while
And i run ~240 executions per hour

No, self-hosted with separated DB server.

Yes, that’s the only valid workaround for me at the moment. So I have to be quick working on processes or use the test system.

Yes, but isn’t it only relevant when I opened the executions window? And is this behaviour necessary unless for comfort reasons? So maybe this could be made configurable in any way.

Yes exactly. That is the same thing I was thinking about. For that reason did I want to have a proper look to check that out.

Please let me know if I can do anything to help you. :fist_right: :fist_left:

1 Like

We just released [email protected]

With that version, we made some changes and added additional functionality. Mainly making it possible to scale n8n by splitting out worker & webhooks. With it, did the real-time updates via push get removed for now and we poll now the data if the Execution List is open. That should now also solve your issue.