Unable to Configure smtp for User Management

Hey Everyone, I’m not able to configure the SMTP for n8n to be able to add users.

I have added the Environment variables in docker-compose.yml and restarted the server, still the smtp is not enabled and user management is not active.

Here is the screenshot:

Some one pls help

• **n8n version: 0.193.3 **
  • **Database you’re using:SQLite
  • **Running n8n with the execution process:own
  • **Running n8n via:Docker

Hi @donaldleon

Welcome to the community!

Try adding ssl= false

Hey BramKn, Thank you.

Tried it but not working.

And I also forgot the admin password and now i’m logged out of the server.

What shall I do now? Is there any way to reset the admin password from command line or shall I make a new server all together?

Hey @donaldleon,

It could be that when restarting the container it isn’t picking up the changes from the file, How did you restart the container? I don’t think rebooting the server would do it.

Hey Jon, Thanks for replying.

I’m using digital ocean and I’m turning off the droplet and turning back on again.

So How to we restart the container only? Please let me know.

Hey @donaldleon,

In the folder with that compose file in it run docker-compose down && docker-compose up -d

1 Like

Hey @Jon

Amazing! It’s working now :star_struck:

Thank you so much.

And I also have a one more question,
How do we update the n8n to the latest version and what to do at that particular time of updating to capture the webhooks and process them when the server is up again?

2 Likes

To pull the latest n8n docker image you could simply run docker pull n8nio/n8n:latest before the two commands shared by @Jon above. Once the pull is complete your container would be recreated using the latest image.

1 Like

Amazing Thanks!