Unable to read spreadsheet

Hi!

I have a problem with a very very slow spreasheet node. I

Describe the issue/error/question

After uncompressing zip file to csv I want to retrieve items with Spreadsheet node. The spreadsheet node don’t work. I let it work 1 hour and nothing, still processing. Can’t stop execution, error 514.

CSV file is huge (600k lines, 80mb size) but it works well for a half size file (around 300k).

Ram used : around 4gb and CPU around 25%

Server : 16 GB Memory / 8 AMD vCPUs

What is the error message (if any)?

No error (console/front)

Please share the workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version: 0.194.0
  • **Database you’re using (default: SQLite): PostgreSQL
  • **Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: own
  • **Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: CapRover
    N8N_DEFAULT_BINARY_DATA_MODE : filesystem

If you have some tips to improve performance or how to split csv file on N8N.

Thank you very much

Hi @francoisg, welcome to the community!

I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I tried running this workflow on my end with a 600K line file but didn’t run into any trouble here.

When executing this workflow, does your memory usage exceed the limit for your container? Where exactly do you see the 514 error (I couldn’t find this in the MDN status code list, so wonder if this might be some custom logic on your webserver kicking in)?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

My bad it’s not a 514 but a 504 error code.

I’ll check the server but I’m not expert on it as it’s a simple Digital Ocean droplet.

Thank you :slight_smile:

EDIT : I checked CPU usage and it seems that one CPU is at 100% when others 7 are empty. How to use all cpus to achieve task?

EDIT2 : All cpus are used when file is download from SFTP and when I unzip it but the node spreadsheet only use one core

EDIT3: The chart of the N8N container, it seems multi-cpu is not used by spreadhsheet node :slight_smile: