Update Google sheet - node does not find the right column to update

I created a simple workflow where I am reading a Google Form spreadsheet and send some of the data to another system called Kiskadi via API. Since I do not want to send the same data twice to Kiskadi, I added a column named “kiskadi-processed”, and I want to update each row after the data has been retrieved and sent to Kiskadi.

1. I use a Google Sheet node to filter the rows when the colum “kiskadi-processed” is empty:

That works fine.

1. I send some of the data to Kiskadi via HTTPS node, and that works fine too.

2. I want to update the row to mark it as processed using a Google Sheet node Append or update. However under “Values to send”, I am unable to select the column “kiskadi-processed” and update it

Any sugestion?

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.225.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): main
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): docker
  • Operating system: linux

I found out what I did wrong: the “Column to match on” is where the node will find the unique ID for the row to be updated.

I changed this column to match on to another column, and then I was able to select the “kiskadi-processed” as the column for "Values to send "

2 Likes

Thanks for posting your solution, @fxholl !

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.