Web scrape whatsappweb

I’m trying to scrape my chat list with date, number and contact name, I’m wondering, if is it possible to do with N8N since we can do webscraping in it?

Hey @Antonio_LF,

Welcome to the community :tada:

I have not tried to scrape WhatsApp Web before but in theory as long as you can load it and authenticate from within n8n you should be good to go.

The other option would be to use something like the Puppeteer node created by @drudge

1 Like

Interesting, I tried to make it with Python and Selenium, but I was having a lot of problems finding to open a specific user in chrome then I tried to scrape a normal web page with N8N and it worked like a charm, but when I tried Whatsapp It doesn’t even open the page if someone has In idea on how to create the credentials for Whatsapp in N8N LMK <3

Just tried to load the page and hit the same issue, You might need to try the Puppeteer approach, I am surprised that Selenium couldn’t do it that is normally really good at this sort of thing. Another thing I have just found is this: GitHub - pedroslopez/whatsapp-web.js: A WhatsApp client library for NodeJS that connects through the WhatsApp Web browser app so you could maybe try giving that a go outside of n8n and if it works you can then use the function node in n8n to get the data.

Thank you Jon you gave me a good insight, I will try some stuff when I have time next week them I will come here for the feedback :grin:

1 Like