Why are so many pull requests pending?

Hey guys,

I love n8n and think it’s an excellent open source tool. I am a professional software developer and have some features I would like to contribute.

First I saw there are so many pull request open. Sometimes a few years ago with zero action from the maintainers. So I am really struggling to invest time for a good feature (e.g. fully managing coupons with the WooCommerce node) if I don’t know if someone even looks at the pull request.

I know there are features that are requested most by the whole community, and they have to be done in advance. But the other work solves problems for the single user and adds a lot of value to the software to be feature complete. (in the WooCommerce example are most of the actions possible missing in the node).

What do you think?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @devnull,

Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

We do check the pull requests but I have done a bad job with rejecting some of them, we also have some open still for future consideration as we can’t add everything but maybe it is a better idea to leave a note and mark them as closed until we are ready to bring them in.

I will go over the backlog over the next couple of weeks to get this number down, if you wanted to put in a PR to add in coupon support for WooCommerce though let me know and I can get it reviewed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.