Why does Google Calendar node return an error when selecting public calendar ID

Describe the issue/error/question

I have a workflow that should retrieve data from a Google Calendar and then do something with it. Setting up the Google Calendar node was successful before. So credentials and access are ok.

However when I duplicate the node and select a different calendar from the drop down menu within (in this case the public holiday calendar for Germany), it outputs an error without results. Is this because the selected calendar doesn’t “belong” to me?

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: The resource you are requesting could not be found

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

{

“message”: “404 - {“error”:{“errors”:[{“domain”:“global”,“reason”:“notFound”,“message”:“Not Found”}],“code”:404,“message”:“Not Found”}}”,

“name”: “Error”,

“stack”: “Error: Request failed with status code 404 at createError (/home/n8n/.nodejs_global/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15) at settle (/home/n8n/.nodejs_global/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12) at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/home/n8n/.nodejs_global/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11) at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:412:35) at IncomingMessage.emit (domain.js:475:12) at endReadableNT (internal/streams/readable.js:1334:12) at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:82:21)”

}

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.172.0
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): PostgreSQL
  • Running n8n via pm2 on rpi

Hey @studioafraz, welcome to the community :tada:

I’m sorry for the trouble you’re having. This might be a permissions issue as you suspected, but it certainly is irritating that n8n offers calendars in the Google Calendar node which can’t actually be used by it.

I’ll add this to our internal bug tracker for a closer look.

2 Likes

I have some issue with contacts birthday calendar

{“message”:“404 - {“error”:{“errors”:[{“domain”:“global”,“reason”:“notFound”,“message”:“Not Found”}],“code”:404,“message”:“Not Found”}}”,“name”:“Error”,“stack”:“Error: Request failed with status code 404\n at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)\n at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)\n at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11)\n at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:539:35)\n at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1345:12)\n at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)”}

Got released with [email protected]

Thank. Birthday calendar works. But the Start time and End time options does not work in it

What do you mean the start and end time options don’t work? Do you have an example?

for example, I want to choose all birthdays for the current week.
I choose the beginning of May 16 and the end of May 22. I know for sure that during this period there are birthdays of my contacts. But as a result, I do not get a list of dates. There is no error on output. I could get the desired result only with the help of the module “if”

Out of interest what happens if you swap the 2 dates?

when i swap dates it works:)

1 Like

Perfect, There is a bit of an odd thing with the Google Calendar node that I have been meaning to write up for a while now.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.