Why my Http request is not working?

Describe the problem/error/question

I am reading an email using ‘IMAP’ node and then using ‘code’ node outputting the Payload.(going to attach images for every step) and then adding a ‘HTTP request’ node to send a Post Request.

What is the error message (if any)?

its not working and outputting empty response. (images attached)

Please share your workflow

Email Trigger IMAP > code > Http request

Share the output returned by the last node

[

{

“headers”:{

“server”:“nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)”,

“date”:“Sun, 14 May 2023 09:16:20 GMT”,

“content-length”:“0”,

“connection”:“close”

},

“statusCode”:200,

“statusMessage”:“”

}

]

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: [email protected]:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via website:
  • Operating system win 10:

Hey @farazN8n,

Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

I am going to need a bit more detail on that one, Looking at the node output you have shared the server you are talking to is responding with a 200 header but has no data. I am not sure why the service you are using is not returning anything but it could be that the API just responds with the header status and that is it.

What response are you expecting to see from it?

Hi Jon, Thank you for a quick response.

when i use this workflow to post at httpbin.org/post it gives me this response(image attached) shouldnt i expect the same for signal.profittrader URL?

Hey @farazN8n,

Only if signal.profittrader actually responds with anything, You can’t really compare 2 different API endpoints as not everyone builds out their APIs in the same way. What does Profittrader say they will respond with in their API docs?

they dont have a proper documentation for this. thats why i was trying to get intouch with their dev team.

Hey @farazN8n,

Hopefully they will be able to tell you why they are not returning data, You could also try the same request with something like Curl / Postman or Insomnia to see what that comes back.

Do you think its working alright from n8n.io side?

Yes, Looking at the response you have back I would say n8n is processing whatever we are getting. But I also don’t know the API or what it should be sending back so the information I have available to me is very limited.

2 Likes

Ok jon thanks so much for quick response i really appreciate it. :pray:
i will get back here if i hear back from them

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.