Withings node

Hi,

is it possible to implement a Withings API node ?

Withings is a French consumer electronics company headquartered in Issy-les-Moulineaux, France. It also has offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, and Hong Kong, and distributes its products worldwide. Withings is known for design and innovation in connected devices, such as the first Wi-Fi scale on the market (introduced in 2009), an FDA-cleared blood pressure monitor, a smart sleep system, and a line of automatic activity tracking watches. It also provides B2B solutions[buzzword] for healthcare providers and researchers.

Withings was purchased by Finnish company Nokia on 26 April 2016 and became a division of Nokia known as Nokia Health. The Withings brand continued to be used until June 2017, when it was replaced by the Nokia brand. In May 2018, Éric Carreel, Withings’ founder, finalized a deal to regain control and the company became independent again, under the Withings name.

Whitings can be nice in association with Strava for example.

Workflow examples:

• Sync my weight in Withings with Strava.
  • Get my weight in Withings en push in Google doc.

Best regards.

Welcome @llaumgui

It is always useful to specify the usecases or resources you are interested in, so that we make sure the node has the functionality you need.

Also, remember to vote to increase the chances of this being picked up for development.

Thx, edited.

I’m not sure if you are still interested in getting Withings to work with n8n, but it appears that with the most recent version it is possible to setup a generic oauth2 that will work with withings. If not, hopefully this will help someone else. This is something I had struggled with for a long time and had temporarily implemented a basic workaround where I would manually get the initial token, then run a task to ensure the token was refreshed. However I did a quick test tonight after updating and it seems to work.

These are the settings you would need to use.
Authorization URL: My account
Access Token URL: My account
Client ID: This is your withings client id
Client Secret: This is your withings client secret.
Scope: user.metrics,user.activity
Auth URI Query Parameters: action=requesttoken&grant_type=authorization_code
Authentication: Body

Hopefully this helps