Firstly, great work @jan on making such an incredible project. Really pumped about the series A funding and what will be coming with it. Congratulations on it!
Getting to the point of the topic, I was trying to connect my WC stores to n8n, and it always worked seamlessly (On single site installations). That is until I tried to connect n8n to a WC subsite in my multi-site network.
I saw this thread in the community, however before trying this solution (as it involves changing .htaccess, which shouldn’t be necessary, as the api works with other services, like Insomnia), I was wondering if the multi-site installation, or my configuration settings (I am using subdomains) could be related to this. To test this hypothesis, I tried to connect to another multisite installation for testing purposes that has subdirectories installation enabled, instead of subdomain, and the error still persists.
This leads me to believe the problem is related to Multi-site wordpress, which is not properly adapted to the n8n node.
The error in question:
Because the nature of the solution involves changing .htaccess, by itself a very sensitive file, and because I am running Multi-site, which brings changes to the default .htaccess file, I think the best solution, for long term purposes is working the bug out in the n8n side.
Hopefully this can be sorted out without the need to change WP installation, as it shouldn’t be, and because of the intricacies it involves, making it not a User friendly solution.