Woocommerce trigger can't connect via basic auth

I’m using woocommerce trigger to create webhook of my woocommerce website.

However it give error 401 {“code”:“woocommerce_rest_cannot_view”,“message”:“Sorry, you cannot list resources.”,“data”:{“status”:401}}’

After searching and tried, it still not work, but I 100% sure the key is correct and setting of .httaccess are changed to some solution I found in this community or Google.

And I tried to call the create webhook api in postman, which not use Basic Auth, using query params to call it

i.e. https://www.example.com//wp-json/wc/v3/webhooks?consumer_key=xx&consumer_secret=xx

and it’s success and give json response, I check in woocommerce it had created new webhooks.

So I think the reason maybe the woocommerce not support or allow me to login via basic auth, coz I tried use basic auth in Postman to call it, it give same error.

How can I solve this issue, or can I change the calling method in n8n from basic auth to query params?

After I tried again and installed the basic-auth plugin to my wordpress, it still not work.

We added the possibility to include the credentials in the query string. It will be included in the next release.

That’s great, may I know when will next version release?

The plan was to release it today with the Notion-Node. As this one sadly takes longer now probably tomorrow.

Btw. you can anytime build from source or use the nightly build n8nio/n8n:nightly.

I’m trying to send the data of an order made by woocemmerce to an external api. I installed the WP Webhook plugin to send the data via post. But I’m having the same error. For sending data, shouldn’t I grant some kind of permission to the Tigger plugin in my official woocommerce webhook?

Hey @Carlos_Souza,

Welcome to the community :birthday:

I don’t remember needing to install a wp webhook plugin, I did an install of woocommerce then went into n8n and added a woocommerce trigger node and when enabling or executing the workflow manually it added the webhook to woocommerce automatically.