Workflows stop working but switch inactive->active starts them again

Describe the problem/error/question

We only have a handful of workflows, mostly triggered using the “Imap Email” node.
One a week or so, all workflows silently stop processing. Simply disable/enable one of them kicks them all alive again. We have update n8n continuously but still have the issue.

Any support how pinpoint the problem more accurate would be great :slight_smile:

What is the error message (if any)?

No error message seen. Checking n8nEventLog logs does not give any clue.

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version: 0.226.2

• **Database (default: SQLite): default, running container

• **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
    Unsure but startup service:
    Type=simple
    ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 30
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/docker run -it --rm --name n8n -p 5678:5678 -v /root/.n8n:/home/node/.n8n n8nio/n8n:latest
    Restart=on-failure

• Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker

• **Operating system: Red Hat 8.7

Hey @DkYSwe,

There have been a few reports like this but from what I remember we fixed it last year, Can you share one of the workflows that had the issue so I can take a look?

Thanks for quick response Jon.
Before removing sensitive information, is there any way to enable debugging or so, so we can
catch which workflow may cause the problem?
We just know it stops working.

Hey @DkYSwe,

You could enable debug logging to see if that shows anything Logging | n8n Docs

It is very odd that restarting one of them brings them all back but I suspect what is happening is the connection to the mail server is crashing which kills our check and it needs to be reset to start again. If this is the case using the v2 node should resolve this although it also has extra debug logging in it.

To know what node version you are using you can copy the node from n8n into a text editor and check the typeVersion.

1 Like

I actually found a few version 1 not updated, now updated to see if it solves the issue.

Thanks for great support!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.