XML to JSON node - data changing

When using the XML to JSON node, the data in the ‘ng3StatusCode’ key is changing. Any ideas?

The Input on the ‘XML-JSON Works Order Details’ Node is (ng3:StatusCode = ISS):
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV=“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/”>SOAP-ENV:Header/SOAP-ENV:Body<ng3:GET_WORKS_ORDERS_DETAIL xmlns:ng3=“http://www.sx3.com/GetWorksOrdersDetailResponse” xmlns:tns1=“http://www.sx3.com/sx3returnedmessages” xmlns:xsi=“http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance”>ng3:WorksOrdersDetailResponseng3:APIReturnSUCCESS</ng3:APIReturn>ng3:APIMessages/ng3:WorksOrdersDetailng3:Assetng3:PropRefDELAFIELDHOUSELFT</ng3:PropRef>ng3:PropAddress< Lifts >, Delafield House, Christian Street, London, E1 1QD</ng3:PropAddress>ng3:PropTypeAUN</ng3:PropType>ng3:PhoneHome/ng3:RTBApplicationN</ng3:RTBApplication>ng3:AdminArea/ng3:AsbestosName/</ng3:Asset>ng3:Tenantng3:TenancyNameBUILDING</ng3:TenancyName>ng3:TenantEmail/ng3:SMSContacts/</ng3:Tenant>ng3:Callerng3:ReportedBy/ng3:PhoneContact/</ng3:Caller>ng3:WorksOrderng3:TransactionId1565045</ng3:TransactionId>ng3:WorSrqNo11637755</ng3:WorSrqNo>ng3:WorSeqno1</ng3:WorSeqno>ng3:WovVersionNo1</ng3:WovVersionNo>ng3:WovStatusN</ng3:WovStatus>ng3:WorAlternativeRef/ng3:DateRaised2023-04-11T13:05:48</ng3:DateRaised>ng3:DateIssued2023-04-11T13:09:11</ng3:DateIssued>ng3:DateDueComplete2023-04-12T13:09:11</ng3:DateDueComplete>ng3:Descriptionkeys have dropped down the lift shaft please recover</ng3:Description>ng3:PriorityIdE</ng3:PriorityId>ng3:LocationId/ng3:LocationNotesaun</ng3:LocationNotes>ng3:RightToRepairN</ng3:RightToRepair>ng3:CommentsFahim Hussain, Key Gray/red fob keychain… logo Manchester united, has name on keys Fahim and a set of keys GDPR question asked please contact him on 07768624275</ng3:Comments>ng3:AccessCodeAPPOINTMEN</ng3:AccessCode>ng3:AccessAMYYYYYNN</ng3:AccessAM>ng3:AccessPMYYYYYNN</ng3:AccessPM>ng3:AccessNotesAs Per Appointment</ng3:AccessNotes>ng3:ConfirmationIndN</ng3:ConfirmationInd>ng3:RechargeableFlagN</ng3:RechargeableFlag>ng3:ContractNumberPLSCON</ng3:ContractNumber>ng3:WorkProgrammeREP_LIFT</ng3:WorkProgramme>ng3:VariationReasonCode/ng3:VariationComments/ng3:Neighbourhood/ng3:AreaCodeBERNERNORTH BERNER ESTATE (NORTH) E1</ng3:AreaCode>ng3:StatusCodeISS</ng3:StatusCode>ng3:PolicyCodePOLICY1</ng3:PolicyCode>ng3:WorCreatedByMPUNTER</ng3:WorCreatedBy>ng3:UserMICHELLE PUNTER</ng3:User>ng3:Alerts/ng3:Jobsng3:Jobng3:SORCode7LD080101</ng3:SORCode>ng3:JobDescriptionLift:Attend to breakdown callout during normal working hours, undertake initial diagnosis of callout, repair lift not requiring any major parts or major repair, test operation of lift, return lift to full working order and complete lift log and service vis</ng3:JobDescription>ng3:Quantity1</ng3:Quantity>ng3:NetCost47.24</ng3:NetCost><ng3:TaxCost xsi:nil=“true”/>ng3:IsTenantRechargeableN</ng3:IsTenantRechargeable><ng3:AmountRechargeable xsi:nil=“true”/>ng3:JobOrderSeqno10</ng3:JobOrderSeqno>ng3:LocationNotesaun</ng3:LocationNotes>ng3:Classification/ng3:JobComments/ng3:ExpendCodePLS.6371.ELEC</ng3:ExpendCode>ng3:RootJobRefno6990215</ng3:RootJobRefno>ng3:JobRefno6990215</ng3:JobRefno></ng3:Job></ng3:Jobs>ng3:Appointments/ng3:VarWarnings/</ng3:WorksOrder></ng3:WorksOrdersDetail>ng3:APIVersionVer1.2 22/06/2020</ng3:APIVersion>ng3:APIRunid35167211</ng3:APIRunid></ng3:WorksOrdersDetailResponse>tns1:MESSAGE_RETURN_INFOtns1:SUCCESS_FLAGTRUE</tns1:SUCCESS_FLAG>tns1:MESSAGES_EXISTFALSE</tns1:MESSAGES_EXIST>tns1:RETURNED_MESSAGES/</tns1:MESSAGE_RETURN_INFO></ng3:GET_WORKS_ORDERS_DETAIL></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The JSON out is (ng3:StatusCode is now “CAN”):
[

{

“SOAP-ENV:Envelope”:{

“xmlns:SOAP-ENV”:“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/”,

“SOAP-ENV:Header”:“”,

“SOAP-ENV:Body”:{

“ng3:GET_WORKS_ORDERS_DETAIL”:{

“xmlns:ng3”:“http://www.sx3.com/GetWorksOrdersDetailResponse”,

“xmlns:tns1”:“http://www.sx3.com/sx3returnedmessages”,

“xmlns:xsi”:“http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance”,

“ng3:WorksOrdersDetailResponse”:{

“ng3:APIReturn”:“SUCCESS”,

“ng3:APIMessages”:“”,

“ng3:WorksOrdersDetail”:{

“ng3:Asset”:{

“ng3:PropRef”:“DELAFIELDHOUSELFT”,

“ng3:PropAddress”:“< Lifts >, Delafield House, Christian Street, London, E1 1QD”,

“ng3:PropType”:“AUN”,

“ng3:PhoneHome”:“”,

“ng3:RTBApplication”:“N”,

“ng3:AdminArea”:“”,

“ng3:AsbestosName”:“”

},

“ng3:Tenant”:{

“ng3:TenancyName”:“BUILDING”,

“ng3:TenantEmail”:“”,

“ng3:SMSContacts”:“”

},

“ng3:Caller”:{

“ng3:ReportedBy”:“”,

“ng3:PhoneContact”:“”

},

“ng3:WorksOrder”:{

“ng3:TransactionId”:“1565045”,

“ng3:WorSrqNo”:“11637755”,

“ng3:WorSeqno”:“1”,

“ng3:WovVersionNo”:“1”,

“ng3:WovStatus”:“N”,

“ng3:WorAlternativeRef”:“”,

“ng3:DateRaised”:“2023-04-11T13:05:48”,

“ng3:DateIssued”:“2023-04-11T13:09:11”,

“ng3:DateDueComplete”:“2023-04-12T13:09:11”,

“ng3:Description”:“keys have dropped down the lift shaft please recover”,

“ng3:PriorityId”:“20D”,

“ng3:LocationId”:“”,

“ng3:LocationNotes”:“aun”,

“ng3:RightToRepair”:“N”,

“ng3:Comments”:“Fahim Hussain, Key Gray/red fob keychain… logo Manchester united, has name on keys Fahim and a set of keys GDPR question asked please contact him on 07768624275”,

“ng3:AccessCode”:“APPOINTMEN”,

“ng3:AccessAM”:“YYYYYNN”,

“ng3:AccessPM”:“YYYYYNN”,

“ng3:AccessNotes”:“As Per Appointment”,

“ng3:ConfirmationInd”:“N”,

“ng3:RechargeableFlag”:“N”,

“ng3:ContractNumber”:“PLSCON”,

“ng3:WorkProgramme”:“REP_LIFT”,

“ng3:VariationReasonCode”:“”,

“ng3:VariationComments”:“”,

“ng3:Neighbourhood”:“”,

“ng3:AreaCode”:“BERNERNORTH BERNER ESTATE (NORTH) E1”,

“ng3:StatusCode”:“CAN”

“ng3:PolicyCode”:“POLICY1”,

“ng3:WorCreatedBy”:“MPUNTER”,

“ng3:User”:“MICHELLE PUNTER”,

“ng3:Alerts”:“”,

“ng3:Jobs”:{

“ng3:Job”:{

“ng3:SORCode”:“7LD080101”,

“ng3:JobDescription”:“Lift:Attend to breakdown callout during normal working hours, undertake initial diagnosis of callout, repair lift not requiring any major parts or major repair, test operation of lift, return lift to full working order and complete lift log and service vis”,

“ng3:Quantity”:“1”,

“ng3:NetCost”:“47.24”,

“ng3:TaxCost”:{…}, // 1 items

“ng3:IsTenantRechargeable”:“N”,

“ng3:AmountRechargeable”:{…}, // 1 items

“ng3:JobOrderSeqno”:“10”,

“ng3:LocationNotes”:“aun”,

“ng3:Classification”:“”,

“ng3:JobComments”:“”,

“ng3:ExpendCode”:“PLS.6371.ELEC”,

“ng3:RootJobRefno”:“6990215”,

“ng3:JobRefno”:“6990215”

}

},

“ng3:Appointments”:“”,

“ng3:VarWarnings”:“”

}

},

“ng3:APIVersion”:“Ver1.2 22/06/2020”,

“ng3:APIRunid”:“35167211”

},

“tns1:MESSAGE_RETURN_INFO”:{

“tns1:SUCCESS_FLAG”:“TRUE”,

“tns1:MESSAGES_EXIST”:“FALSE”,

“tns1:RETURNED_MESSAGES”:“”

}

}

}

}

}

]

Appreciate any help, and to save me going insane :slight_smile:

It is worth adding, it looks like it is only the ng3:StatusCode value that changes.

Many thanks

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: Latest
  • Database (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): main
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu

Hi @alanmartin, welcome to the community :tada:

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. From running your workflow I couldn’t see the issue, but I suspect this is due to the data returned by your webservice simply having changed since you have posted and me looking into this.

So in a first step I have tried to reproduce the problem by mocking the data structure you have shared in the below simplified workflow:

This is, however, working fine for me:

Perhaps you can provide an example workflow including example data similar to the one I have used in which the issue can be seen?

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi @MutedJam,

Sorry for the extremely late response, and thank you for your assistance on this.

You can see from the screenshot below the issue I am experiencing. The input to the XML node shows a status code of ISS but the output shows as CAN.

CAN is a valid code and has been present in a previous run - so perhaps somewhere it has saved this value somewhere?? (I’m guessing here).

Please do let me know if you need anything further.

Hi @alanmartin, your screenshot would not show your whole dataset, so purely based on the screenshot I can’t say what exactly is happening. I tried reproducing this with the example workflow from my last message but was seeing the expected conversion.

So it’d be great if you could share a workflow using which your specific problem can be reproduced. Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.