Zoom meeting and time zones

Hi again! I’m having a hard time with getting Zoom meetings to work with the right time. I ask the Zoom module to set up a meeting with a start time of 2021-12-28T13:30:00-08:00 with the time zone set to Pacific Time (America/Los_Angeles), and when executed it shows up as 2021-12-29T05:30:00Z America/LA. (see screenshot)

In Google Calendar, the event is at 1:30pm PST, and in Zoom it is showing up as 9:30pm (8 hours later) PST.

Help?

Hey @Jason_Jason,

Thank you for reporting this. It seems like there is a bug with the node. I tried the same with the different timezones and I faced a similar issue. One thing that I noticed was that when creating a meeting without the timezone option, Zoom created the meeting correctly, but displayed the wrong timezone in the response. I will investigate it further and keep you updated.

1 Like

Got fixed.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks. I tried to update it in docker, and I think it worked. The version in help:about is 0.156.0. And It is still bugging for me. I’m pretty new to docker and n8n, so I may not have updated it properly. Help?

@Jason_Jason the fix put in has not yet been merged into the main code and released.

Normally what will happen is when it is released someone will pop a reply in here to say it is released and give a version.

1 Like

Thanks, @Jon. Any chance this was done yet? Not to be pushy… :slight_smile:
And, I apologize, I’m not familiar enough with GitHub to figure it out myself.

Hey @Jason_Jason,

Just took a look and it doesn’t look like it, I will check our internal tracking system to see where it is in the queue on Monday morning.

Hey @Jason_Jason,

Just checked the internal board and there are a few things higher up on the review list so it looks like it probably won’t be merged in the next couple of weeks.

If you are running n8n with docker you could make a custom image to get you by but it is a bit of a fiddly process.

1 Like

Too much fiddling for me! :slight_smile: Thank you for checking.

1 Like