Issues Accessing Self-Hosted n8n (n8n.b2bclientsystems.info) in Chrome – Works in Incognito and Other Browsers

Hello everyone,

I’m facing a frustrating issue with my self-hosted n8n instance at n8n.b2bclientsystems.info. While the site loads perfectly fine in Microsoft Edge and even in incognito mode in Chrome, I receive a security warning when attempting to access it in the regular Chrome browser.

Detailed Observations:

1. Site Behavior:
  • The main link: n8n.b2bclientsystems.info triggers a “Dangerous site” warning in Chrome, advising against proceeding due to potential security risks.
  • Conversely, the setup link: n8n.b2bclientsystems.info/setup loads without any warnings.
  1. Incognito Mode:
  • Accessing the main link in incognito mode allows me to bypass the warning, which indicates that cached data or browser extensions may be affecting my experience in regular mode.
  1. Working in Other Browsers:
  • The site functions correctly in Microsoft Edge, which further suggests this issue might be specific to Chrome.
  1. Steps Taken:
  • Cleared browser cache and cookies.
  • Disabled all extensions temporarily.
  • Reviewed security settings to ensure they are not overly restrictive.
  • Tested access on different networks and with various DNS settings.
  • Confirmed that Chrome is updated to the latest version.

Questions:

• Has anyone else experienced similar issues with their self-hosted n8n or other applications?
  • What additional troubleshooting steps would you recommend to resolve this issue in Chrome?
  • Could this be related to specific security settings in Chrome, or is there a chance the self-hosted instance is being incorrectly flagged?

I would appreciate any insights or advice based on your experiences. Thank you for your help!

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @Rohit_Gurav,

I’m sorry you’re seeing this. It’s not a new issue and it seems to pop up once in a while. - Potentially Suspicious code. Google marked site as phishing - #25 by Murilo_Vendramini; Deceptive Site Ahead [urgent] - #21 by Jon;
N8n subdomain got flagged as deceptive website by Google - #2

Some users have been able to bypass this by doing a malware scan report and reaching out to Google requesting a ban lift - Online Website Malware Scanner. Could you give this a try and meantime we’ll take a look to see what we can do on our end :raised_hands:

Scanned this domain on Quttera, and found no issues..
Which likely means that it’s Google again marking an n8n instance as dangerous because there is n8n in the domain name.

Can you try using another subdomain please?