N8n and notion : behavior change when adding a new block

Describe the problem/error/question

Hi
After upgrading my self hosted production from 1.35 to 1.59.4 (to fix this issue Cannot update a database item on Notion since 11/09 - #5 by wawax), I’ve noticed a behavior change.

I used to be able to add a Notion block to a page by passing a Notion Page ID instead of a Block ID. now it’s not working anymore.

Does anyone know about this behavior change or is it just a bug ?

Thanks !

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: Block parameter’s value is invalid. This is likely because the URL entered is incorrect

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

[
{
“error”: “ERROR: Block parameter’s value is invalid. This is likely because the URL entered is incorrect”
}
]

Information on your n8n setup

Debug info

core

• n8nVersion: 1.59.4
  • platform: npm
  • nodeJsVersion: 20.17.0
  • database: postgres
  • executionMode: scaling
  • concurrency: -1
  • license: community
  • consumerId: unknown

storage

• success: all
  • error: all
  • progress: false
  • manual: true
  • binaryMode: memory

pruning

• enabled: true
  • maxAge: 336 hours
  • maxCount: 10000 executions

Generated at: 2024-09-24T12:31:30.622Z

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @wawax,

Thanks for reporting, that’s a bug that should be fixed here: fix(Notion Node): Allow UUID v8 in notion id checks by netroy · Pull Request #10938 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub. The fix should be available in the next release.

In the meantime, you can still enter the block ID (you can find it in the URL) directly and that should work :sun_with_face: