N8N self hosting on AWS

I’m Facing issue in self hosting the n8n in aws.

What is the error message (if any)?

0/2 nodes are available: pod has unbound immediate PersistentVolumeClaims. preemption: 0/2 nodes are available: 2 Preemption is not helpful for scheduling

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Chandrashekar_R

Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

It looks like there is an issue with your storage configuration, if you are following our guide can you double check this part: Amazon Web Services | n8n Docs

I would also not recommend this approach if you are new to AWS and k8s and instead try just running the Docker image which will be a lot easier

I have not changed anything in the configuration. It same what’s in the GitHub repo. I have followed same as it is in the docs which you have mentioned

Hey @Chandrashekar_R,

That is a bit unexpected, Did you use a persistent volume claim in the pod without setting the persistent volume?

The error seems to suggest the issue with your k8s configuration rather than n8n itself so we would typically rely on your knowledge of the server platform you are using for cases like this.

Where we need to set the volume. I don’t see any kind of instruction for that in the docs. In the n8n self hosting documentation what’s there I have followed the same steps. Is there anything we need to do apart from that.

Hey @Chandrashekar_R,

The guide is there to help with your existing knowledge, If you are not up to speed with how to use k8s with AWS like myself I would l strongly recommend not using it and taking an easier option.

What would be the easier option

That depends on your experience with AWS and hosting applications, the easiest option would be n8n cloud if you have never set up a service before and are trying for the first time as we handle everything.

If you know how to use Docker any of our Docker compose examples should mostly get you up and running and if you are into k8s the aws guide you have been looking at would be enough.

Personally I would take the docker compose route if you don’t want to go with Cloud.

@Jon I’m following the aws guide for K8. still facing the issue. as per the guide only I’m facing this issue

Hey @Chandrashekar_R,

The error you are seeing seems to be related to the persistent volume, this is not an issue with the n8n application itself so sadly we will need to rely on your knowledge of AWS and k8s to resolve this.

The guides are intended to be just guides not a complete set of instructions to install and configure n8n so you need to use them with your own existing knowledge of your platform of choice which does means sometimes when issues like this occur some troubleshooting may be required.