Problem when displaying a node in the Community Nodes

Greetings,

I wanted to share that I created a custom Node to automate my actions in Raindrop and perform backups. I used the template provided by n8n, which you can find here: GitHub - n8n-io/n8n-nodes-starter: Example starter module for custom n8n nodes..

Unfortunately, when modifying it and publishing it to npm, I ran into an error that I’m trying to fix. Here is a screenshot of the error: n8n-node - Album on Imgur.

When I run the node locally, following the instructions detailed in the official documentation here: Tutorial: Build a programmatic-style node | n8n Docs, the node works, but in test mode. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like: local test node - Album on Imgur.

Here is the published npm node n8n-nodes-raindropbackup - npm
I use Windows 10 as OS in addition to Ubuntu and I get the same local error in test mode I can see the node but once I publish it I don’t.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions to fix this problem and get my node in a fully functional state. thanks in advance for your help!

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • **Operating system: Ubuntu and Windows 10

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @querylab, thank you for being a part of the n8n community and contributing a custom node! Very cool and something we love to see.

I see that you published it to npm. That screenshot containing the error does seem to indicate that there is an issue with the installation location. I’ll install it myself on my own instance this evening and try to see what the issue might be.

I have tried several ways to get to the error but no idea why the error and it is only when installed on community nodes.Now you can use local as usual by using the startup docker compose or via n8n startup in the path ./n8n/custom