Trouble sending email attachments

I am receiving attachments from a remote process. In testing, they are images being send in Base64Content. Below is the payload coming from the Postman call.
{
“email”: “[email protected]”,
“street1”: “1197 Lost In Space”,
“street2”: “Shim Sham”,
“city”: “Somewhere”,
“province”: “Lalaland”,
“postCode”: “01057”,
“Attachments”: [
{
“ContentType”: “image/jpeg”,
“Filename”: “image1.jpg”,
“Base64Content”: “”
},
{
“ContentType”: “image/jpeg”,
“Filename”: “image2.jpg”,
“Base64Content”: “”
}

]

}

I need to accept the above call as part of a bigger journey and email it onto a processing team. However, no matter how many of the suggestions, and instructions I follow, i just cannot seem to get it right.

Here is a extract snippet of the above journey as i dont know how to show the entire process without showing confidential information.

The data comes in via the Webhook. Based on criteria in the switch, API calls will be routed to different functions. In this specific case I split the data to bring the attachements closer using Merge.

But nothing i try works. I have tried SMTP mail. I have tried GMAIL. And I have tried Outlook.

Please, any have will be appreciated.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.56.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): Default
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): Default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu

Hey @adrian.ellis,

What is the issue / error you are seeing? Can you also share the output of the Merge node or a screenshot so we can check if it has a binary item.

This is the output (and fail) of Outlook1.

This is the Merge Node.

Problem in node ‘Microsoft Outlook1‘

No binary data exists on item!

I got this today after moving nodes around to try and get the “add attachements” closer to the incoming files