`0` and `false` in sheets shows as empty string in n8n

0 and false in sheets shows as empty string in n8n

Not much more to say really

I have a simple dashboard displaying various things in sheets and managing various notifications.

When “true” I’m sending notification, I need to reference value in it.
0 or 7, but 0 is read as “”.
Not relevant for this setup for “false” also shows as “”

I’ve tried changing column formatting in sheets, no effect, other things read correctly.

Information on your n8n setup

  • n8n version: [email protected]
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (n8n cloud):
  • Operating system: MacOS

Hi @Mateusz_Bijakowski, welcome to the community. I tried to reproduce your use case but was unable to do so. As you can see below, I tried to mock the data. But I’m always getting the right value in Sheets. Am I missing something? Do you maybe have an example that you can share?


You are pushing data to sheet if I read this correctly?

My issue is other way around, I’m reading data from a sheet.
(I just updated to newest release of n8n, same :frowning: )

Ah sorry. I think setting the Ourput Formatting option might work for you then. The outputs are strings unfortunately, but you could simply transform these back in a next step


This does indeed work but obviously breaks other logic that depends on boll or numbers.
I will check if this will sort some other issue I had.

I’m assuming this is a bug, what is the correct way to report those?

Depending on your use case you should be able to just manipulate the data afterwards, e.g. with {{ $json.data.toInt() }}. I reported the bug for you in our internal system :slight_smile:

In that case I would have a follow up question, as this haven’t resolved that issue.
I’m basically slowly trying to move our old zappier nightmare to this.
It says n8n handles multiple outputs automatically and this looks to be correct.

But at the same time “some” of the data I’m getting is wrong.
Slack message is sent based on if users has a Slack profile or not. This part works correctly.
But then message contains data from Google sheet and that is no longer matched correctly, only 1st instance is always used.

So “user in slack” runs twice for 2 rows from sheet.
But ending stage always takes 1st row from sheet.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.