2 Most Commons Errors: Maximum Number of Redirects Exceeded AND Forbidden - perhaps check your credentials?

Hi all,

I’m running into 2 very common issues with my workflow.

1. Maximum Number of Redirects Exceeded
  2. Forbidden - perhaps check your credentials. 403 - “\r\n403 Forbidden\r\n\r\n403 Forbidden\r\ncloudflare\r\n\r\n\r\n”

These both occur on an HTTP request. I’ve checked the other threads and they don’t seem related to my issue so staring a new thread here.

Here’s the two websites that gave me these results:

1.) SeedIP.com (Maximum number of redirects)
2.) https://www.myobvi.com/ (Forbidden)

Any reason this would be happening on an HTTP request node?

• **n8n version: Web-based version
  • **Database (default: SQLite): N/A
  • **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): N/A
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): n8n cloud
  • **Operating system: Mac OSX

hello @First_Spark_Digital

Can you please share the workflow?

Hi, here’s up to where the workflow breaks at the HTTP Request.

The flow starts with Webflow form > passes that to Google Sheets (data storage) > a clean up node > and then to the HTTP Request.

Ah, so the Issue with the first one seems in the URL link that leads to the redirection page somehow. Your HTTP Requests Node has a default of 21 redirects to follow and at one point there is more than that.

Regards the second one, maybe the link points to the private page or protocol+page.

Appreciate the clarity here! So would that mean that increasing the default to a higher number of redirects would allow this to work? This issue is less frequent as compared to the other.

The instances where I’ve seen this are with the below pages (which are accessible publicly). They all receive the Forbidden message with 50% seeing it with the extra “cloudflare” 403 mention.

(403 - “\r\n403 Forbidden\r\n\r\n403 Forbidden\r\ncloudflare\r\n\r\n\r\n”)

(403 - “\r\n403 Forbidden\r\n\r\n403 Forbidden\r\ncloudflare\r\n\r\n\r\n”)

http://www.jhawkphoto.com/
(no cloudflare issue on this one)

(unknown - won’t let me fetch this far back)

Also would you mind explain the protocol + page mention above?

You can try :slight_smile:

Maybe Cloudflare blocks you as it thinks you are a robot :sweat_smile:
You can use the Loop Items node and a Wait node to decrease the frequency of sending requests.

The resource could be accessible only via HTTPS or HTTP protocol, and when you are trying to access it via the wrong protocol (e.g. HTTP instead of HTTPS or vice versa), there may be no redirects and a 403 error may arise.

1. Yea I mean seems like more an issue with the site than something I need to worry about trying to counter.

2. Yea what’s odd is that I’m not exactly sending like 100’s of requests a minute. It’s like 10 a day haha. I’ll try the Loop Items node. What’s odd is that even when I re-try it on a different day I get the same results.

3. Ahh ok yea that’s what I thought you were referring to. Alright well that’s another one that’s tough to counter since mine is always looking for HTTPS.

Alright well appreciate the help. Sounds like not a ton I can do besides #2 with the wait node. Wondering if this is more of an n8n issue.

You can try also to open the HTTP Request node parameters and turn on the “Retry on Fail” switch.

1 Like

Ok, though I’m not sure where that is within the node iteslf.

Do you mean just adding an IF node and just loop it if it fails?

@barn4k radio click over?

No, I mean that option

1 Like

Much appreciated. Realized I couldn’t see it because I was viewing it when I was in the executions mode so it wasn’t showing the option. I see it in the Editor now. Thanks!