2 Ways Sync from 2 Apps Create and Delete workflow interfere

Describe the problem/error/question

Hello n8n community. Recently I try to create a automate 2 ways sync from 2 apps (Redmine, Google Sheet)
With my workflow, I divided it into a couple of parts. The top one is to create an issue and row for Redmine and Sheet, and it’s working fine without any problems so far. The bottom one is a flow to delete both Redmine and Sheet, but this interferes with the other flow.
So. when I try to delete a row in the sheet, it is supposed to delete the Redmine issue, but instead, it syncs that row into Redmine and then syncs it back to the sheet.

Please share your workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.16.0
  • Database (default: SQLite):default
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):Docker
  • Operating system:Linux

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Winniepoom,

Syncing deletes in a 2 way sync is tricky as you would need to know if something has actually been deleted or if it was just created as an example if something exists in Redmine but not Google Sheets how would you know if it is new or to be removed…

Once thing that can help with this is using a created date so if you delect something is different you can check the created date to see if it is new (created in the last 10 seconds in your case) or if it is older, If it is new you know you need to create it and if it is older you know to remove it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.