Ability to build web app with n8n?

Hi dear friend
Can we build web applications with n8n probably?
Has any discussion anywhere that I study about?

Thanks in advance
Best regards

Can you please elaborate what you exactly and what you have planned.

I want to create platform where in some user could sell their unusable things (or anything) and others that want them could buy it.
I could create such platform by n8n+telegram bot+google sheets (back end+foreground+database), Now I want to know could I use service that I could such platform as a web application on one domain instead as a bot on telegram?

Best regards;

I believe that n8n has a so power to be as a background platform for skilled developers and specially for someone like me that not know coding. (A special programming language)

I love n8n, because I have forgotten that I don’t know a special programming language.
I think if we (I’m sorry, you) could add ability like sailsjs and treeline to n8n, perhaps we could build many usable web apps.

I hope so.

Yes, n8n can already be used that way (as a backend) and gets used like that. Each workflow acts then as a REST-Endpoint. So no additional functionality is needed there. What can you currently not do that you think would be needed?

As frontend for that website, you could check out: https://webflow.com/

2 Likes

One of the things that I had on my radar was to build a n8n automated website using Caddy. I was wanting to build it as an option to the RPi system I have and then create the nodes around managing it.

1 Like

unfortunately because of my bad experience in flowxo.com for having so many bad speed in connection or run some command I prefer to use service that I could use them on self host (and absolutely because I live in Iran the cost is so important for me, Unfortunately 12$ per month is so expensive for me).

as you understand I try to create a website that I could use n8n for background. You tell true I am trying to find service for foreground.

Best regards;

It seems that Caddy is so useful, but unfortunately I know less coding. the advantage of n8n is I could search I want and then pipe it, n8n is so intelligent, beautiful and amazing platform that not only has designed for skilled developer but also is great for lovers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@mooghermez Webflow also has a free plan. Maybe that could be interesting. Apart from that you could check out other ones like wix.com .

If none of them is interesting you could maybe simply use Wordpress in combination with https://elementor.com/ which you could self-host.

1 Like

I got here looking for ways to use n8n and Webflow. We’re actually in the process of what @mooghermez describes; building a webapp with n8n. We got a core product but I want to do some rapid prototyping in low code.

We’re building a frontend using Webflow forms and their CMS to deliver a static page on the tail end. In the middle we’re collecting public data and running community analysis with our existing tech. However, Webflow doesn’t seem to have a node on n8n that can write to their CMS and publish new pages (yet).

I’m not sure of the effort, but if people find it useful we might create a Webflow CMS node.

2 Likes

Webflow’s API is pretty standard and you should have little to no trouble using the HTTP Request node work with Webflow.

It does appear that the API will allow you to create new Collection items which is probably what you are looking for.

1 Like

For anyone coming across this thread, @Rirush and @RicardoE105 are implementing this.

2 Likes