Add multiple users to your n8n instance! | User Management MVP Feature Release

The User Management feature is now available! You can learn more about it here:

Let us know what you think!

7 Likes

I just upgraded to this and now have a problem with the Auth for reaching my server in the workflow “Save workflows to Github”

It the HTTP request node which is trying to read https://(mysite)/rest/workflows
I assume it is because we now have user management. However, my email and password are identical.

I have tried none, basic and digest and they all fail. Any thoughts ???

This is the error “status”: “rejected”,

“reason”: {

“message”: “401 - “Unauthorized””,

“name”: “Error”,

“stack”: “Error: Request failed with status code 401 at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15) at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12) at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11) at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:532:35) at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1346:12) at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)”

Just updated!

This is amazing. Thanks to the whole n8n team. :tada: :heart:

This is great. For future development please create something like public shareble links with read only permission and the ability to press execute workflow only.

A great feature! But I have a problem with members profiles, As a member, I can connect the APIs but no data comes up when I run a workflow. I get the following error: Problem executing workflow / There was a problem executing the workflow: “One or more of the used credentials are not accessable.”. Any idea ?

1. I create a new workflow in my member account
  2. I connected Webflow and Airtable with my member account
  3. Workflow works with owner account but not with member account

Hey @Paul_H, sorry for the late reply here. Unfortunately, questions can easily get lost if you post them in the Announcements category, so you might want to open a new topic in case you run into errors going forward and can’t find an existing discussion around the problem.

The workflow you are referring to makes use of an undocumented and unsupported REST API used by the n8n UI. This API can change without notice, so your best bet here would be to wait for an official n8n REST API to become available.

That said, as for the API authentication in n8n versions including user management specifically, @pemontto shared a simple workaround in this thread:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

User management looks great so far just really need a way to make workflows and credentials shareable between members to make this really useful.
Primary need is for multiple people to be able to see and manage the global workflows, credentials and executions. Credentials, Executions, & workflows specific to the user accounts is a great bonus. I feel like the first need should definitely be a standard feature in the future for the sake of better security than basic auth before we even get into potential premium self hosted features

2 Likes

This is awesome, I would have thought this would also be included in the cloud version. Is this in the roadmap?

Welcome to the community @n1isaac!

It is nothing we are holding back on purpose. The reason is of technical nature. Making the authentication of our cloud platform work with the n8n user management is sadly not that simple. That is however something we are currently working on activly to make it available asap.

6 Likes