Add Sheet in Google Spreadsheet

Hi,

Is it possible to add a new sheet in a particular Google Spreadsheet via the Google Sheet Node?

Thanks

Yes that is possible:
Screenshot from 2021-01-14 16-39-16

I think that is for creating a new spreadsheet file. I want to create multiple sheets in a spreadsheet file.

This one

Ah OK. Then no sorry, that is currently not possible. It is only possible to create a new Spreadsheet and define there the sheets it should be created with. For existing Spreadsheets that functionality does not exist yet.

Okay thanks

You are welcome. Change your issue to a “Feature Request”.

1 Like

I would love to have this feature !

1 Like

Got created. We will let you know when it is released.

https://github.com/n8n-io/n8n/pull/1620

3 Likes

Hey!
Thanks for the update!
As I understand it, on tests of this update, the function to create names for columns in an empty table is not available?
I need to create empty tables, and then add / modify the data structure in them.
At the moment, I use a workaround: I create a table from a template in which the first row has “technical” column names (col_1, col_2, col_3, col_4, col_5, …). This method has two drawbacks: the first is that the table user is inconvenient to perceive information with “unnecessary technical data”, the second is that a limited number of columns can be specified in the template.
This feature may appear in the near future, I can hope so)?

That should not be difficult to add. It seems to me that the endpoint below should do that.

1 Like