After http request node 404 error, get error on WooCommerce trigger

Describe the problem/error/question

I’m self-hosted and upgraded to the latest version today. I was getting an error with WooCommerce Trigger node: The “key” argument must be of type string or an instance of ArrayBuffer, Buffer, TypedArray, DataView, KeyObject, or CryptoKey. Received undefined

{
  "errorMessage": "The \"key\" argument must be of type string or an instance of ArrayBuffer, Buffer, TypedArray, DataView, KeyObject, or CryptoKey. Received undefined",
  "errorDetails": {},
  "n8nDetails": {
    "n8nVersion": "1.34.2 (Self Hosted)",
    "binaryDataMode": "default",
    "stackTrace": [
      "TypeError: The \"key\" argument must be of type string or an instance of ArrayBuffer, Buffer, TypedArray, DataView, KeyObject, or CryptoKey. Received undefined",
      "    at new NodeError (node:internal/errors:405:5)",
      "    at prepareSecretKey (node:internal/crypto/keys:596:11)",
      "    at new Hmac (node:internal/crypto/hash:134:9)",
      "    at createHmac (node:crypto:165:10)",
      "    at Object.webhook (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/WooCommerce/WooCommerceTrigger.node.js:153:59)",
      "    at Workflow.runWebhook (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:665:38)",
      "    at Object.executeWebhook (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/WebhookHelpers.js:211:48)",
      "    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)"
    ]
  }
}

This node was working fine until the service I was using the HTTP request node with (Omnisend) was down.

The resource you are requesting could not be found

Once that came back up, the WooCommerce node started throwing this error.

I turned the workflow off and on again, and now it is working fine.

This is more FYI for others. This is the second time Turning a workflow on and off again has solved errors after updates. Not sure if it was the update or not. The whole thing is weird.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @endless,

Thanks for posting this and welcome to the community! :cupcake:

Which version did you update from?
We have seen this happening in the past for any updates from below version 1.27.

You can find the related post here:

Should not happen again now that you’re on latest version :slight_smile: