Ai Assistant not calling tools properly

Im encountering a lot of issues with the ai assistant, all I want it to do is to call another workflow and send over the appointment date a time.

Issues:

1. Sometimes it doesn’t call the tool and responds to the user with the name of the tool (I put the screen shot)
  2. Sometimes it calls the function when the user mentions the day but not a specific time

There’s a bunch of little errors too, does anyone know how to build a simple booking assistant that is able to output the date/time to another workflow?

Thank you!!!

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi again @moshi :slight_smile:

Would you be able to share your workflow here so we can take a look? You can share your workflow here by pasting the JSON content (after you download the workflow from you workspace) in between two block quotes (```).

Usually the tool functionality of the AI Agent is to run another workflow, see more here: Custom n8n Workflow Tool | n8n Docs

In the meantime, perhaps this template could also help with what you’re trying to achieve?

It’s okay I found a workaround!

I added an Open-Ai node after the Ai-Assistant to study the last 15 messages to determine if the user intends to book an appointment, if I created logic around that JSON Output. I find it to be way more accurate.

So pretty much, everytime a message is sent to the Ai Assistant, another Ai Node studies the conversation and outputs a JSON with user’s intent