Airtable Iterator like on Make.com

Hello,

I’m attempting to transition from make.com to N8N. They’re similar platforms, so I haven’t encountered many issues replicating my scenarios in N8N. However, one feature I’m missing is the Iterator from make.com.

How can I iterate through an array from an HTTP request and then save it to Airtable?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @Dal, I may need more information here, but the Airtable node already handles iterating. If you pass an array with multiple objects into the node, it will run through them sequentially.

You can see from the training course for level one that an example is posting data from an HTTP request to Airtable. The workflow passes 30 items from the request to the node.

If you have more data transformations to perform, you may need to use the Loop Over Items Node

If this is not helpful, can you provide more information on what you need to do to the data?

Thank you for your answer tclifton. I have this:

The request gives me an array:

But then I have to go through the array, otherwise it will insert just the first [0] element.

I hope I explained it well, so that’s the reason I wanted an iterator like on Make, because I have to tell N8N that it’s an array and it has to go through all the elements until nothing is left.

You can use the Split Out node to transform the array into items; just enter the field name in the ‘Field to Split Out’ field.

1 Like

Thank you bartv. I got this error message

Any idea, where is the mistake?

You don’t need to evaluate that field. Only to specify its name: followings, as the caption points on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t know what you mean.
Like this?

But now it doesn’t work.

is your Split node just after the HTTP request node?

1 Like

No, first I need to perform other operations on a different Airtable, like this:

So when I try to drag the array from the HTTP Request, it automatically creates this code: {{ $(‘HTTP Request1’).item.json.followings }}

Yes, that wouldn’t work. The Split node looks for that field in the previous node output.

You can add an Edit Fields node before the Split node to receive the HTTP output

1 Like

OK now I moved 1 step forward. Now I get 25 items:
msedge_Sy352hv7u1

Then I am trying to make an Airtable search:

But I get 0 results. This way it worked on make.com, how should I change it to make it work on N8N?

I’m not familiar with the Airtable.

How should filter looks in usual way?

This is how it works on make

Like this:
An Airtable formula used to filter records. The formula will be evaluated for each record, and if the result is not 0 , false , "" , NaN , [] , or #Error! the record will be included in the response. You can find more information about the formula on Airtable’s website.
For example, to only include records where Name isn’t empty, pass in: NOT({Name} = '')